WPCentral for 720p display

AaronP105

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Firstly, sorry if this has already been answered. I have looked through the forums and couldn't find it.

I just wondering if there was an update coming for the WPCentral app so it uses the full screen on 16:9 displays.

Thanks,

Aaron

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Well Jay developes the app himself and also has a job so he can't spend all his time developing, he also just put out a huge update right when WP8 came out. That said I bet that when he can he will be adding support for all the screen resolutions

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep it is indeed planned, in fact I mentioned it in the post today announcing 3.2. But when I make the switch to WP8 to support resolutions we have to then maintain two separate versions of the code, one for WP7 and one for WP8. That will be a nightmare if I just suddenly switch, so instead I need to try and be clever about it and make as much of my code abstract so that it can be shared.

All of this may have happened sooner if we hadn't had access to the WP8 SDK only a few days before release...

BokiV

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, still no update for my 8x. And reading how you have a million unique visits per month means you should have resources to do it..

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate that people care about those extra pixels but right now I am focusing on fixing the live tile issue. The good news is I believe it is resolved and will be putting out an update soon.

Once that one is out i will immediately work on the wp8 version and release a quick update to bring 720p support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99