Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have no Idea if this is a known ish or not but I am having trouble updating my avatar. When I go into settings under my name and choose edit avatar, it takes me to a pop-up window(mini window, whatev) and shows avatars I have used before including my current one. When I click a different one, nuttin' happens.

Just....letting....you guys.....know....

In other news, I love WPC and the app, love you guys, keep up the great work.

Thanks

-Doc

Dr. Impossible

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
James, thanks for the quik reply. I have only tried it on my Win7/IE9 setup, let me try it on my Surface/IE10 as well and report back.

Thanks

-Doc

EDIT: I just updated my avatar using IE 10 on my Surf.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Bringing up an old post, but haven't been able to update mine. FF18/IE8 on XP, or on my L920/IE. Haven't tried at home yet though (Win8/IE10).

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow, strange. Links and buttons are live and working here on my PC at home on the passport page. Don't see how it would work on here but not on my phone. May be something for 'em to look into?

skoenig

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
krystea to clarify you can't update the avatar? Or when you do it doesn't change?

Non-Updating avatar (once uploaded)
We've had intermittent problems with permissions on uploaded avatar's preventing propagation through the network and to the cdn. As an experiment can you try uploading the avatar again (or a different one) freshly rather than reselecting a current avatar?

Recent IE Issue
We dealt with an issue recently where some installations of IE9 would render the passport pages in non-IE9/IE-Edge mode. We think we've deal with the failure there though I don't think this is what you were experiencing as it results in a very specific message.

Which version of IE is your work PC. Strange to FF on that list too we're pretty solid on that platform.

Regards

Steph

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss