Why do I get "Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted" when comment

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Why do I get "Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted" when comment

Why do I get "Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted" when commenting? I can't comment on any post. It is really frustrating and there is NO reason my post should be triggering any type of SPAM filter.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why do I get "Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted" when comme

Why do I get "Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted" when commenting? I can't comment on any post. It is really frustrating and there is NO reason my post should be triggering any type of SPAM filter.

I guess asking what you posted would by pointless, right?

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why do I get "Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted" when comme

I guess asking what you posted would by pointless, right?

Actually, yes it would be pointless because it doesn't matter what I try to post it doesn't work at all. But since you are so curious, here it is.

On this post, Cut The Rope for Windows Phone 8 updated: Bugs will be fixed | Windows Phone Central, I commented with this:

"That same thing wouldn’t happen if the app was launched from within the Games Hub."

This actually does happen when you launch it from the Games Hub. I received it several times. It happened twice last night. I don't have it pinned and always launch it from the games hub.

So, as you can see, there isn't anything in there that is SPAM. Again, it doesn't matter at all what I post. And it doesn't matter what browser I use.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Vincent,

Thanks for this.

I'll see that this gets looked at... doesn't seem right!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Vincent,

We've tweaked the settings a bit. Let me know if things are better for you when you try and comment.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Vincent,

We've tweaked the settings a bit. Let me know if things are better for you when you try and comment.

I just tried again on the same post linked above with the same text and it still gives me a SPAM alert.

Tom Kaminski

Community Web Master
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I tried that text on that post, and it gives the me message "To complete this form, please complete the word verification below".

If you complete the captcha, it will allow you to post. The reason why it's triggering the spam filter is because of the repeated phrase "Games Hub" within a very short paragraph.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I tried that text on that post, and it gives the me message "To complete this form, please complete the word verification below".

If you complete the captcha, it will allow you to post. The reason why it's triggering the spam filter is because of the repeated phrase "Games Hub" within a very short paragraph.

No CAPTCHA is ever displayed. If I just try just this sentence, "This actually does happen when you launch it from the Games Hub.", with nothing else, it still doesn't work.

Tom Kaminski

Community Web Master
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Strange. I tried that some text and it allowed it. Must be something to do with your IP. Anyways, I updated your account so that it skips the spam check so you should now be able to post without being blocked.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Strange. I tried that some text and it allowed it. Must be something to do with your IP. Anyways, I updated your account so that it skips the spam check so you should now be able to post without being blocked.

Thank you!

MarcXW

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting the same problem, I have no idea why, but for a while now, I haven't been able to post any comments without this happening. It's very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

ruddevil

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

I get this too. Can you help me as well?

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

same issue...I posted a separate thread as I didn't see this one

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Re-reported to the tech team. They're working on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077