01-02-2013, 07:38 AM #2
- 488 Posts
The developer has it open a mobile youtube link, therefore it causes it to require the official youtube app rather than the native player or the developer could code one into the app like lots of other apps do, then it would work. The official youtube app plays stuff in ridiculously low resolution, its horrible. Hope it will be sorted in the WP8 version of WPCentral
- Resident Developer
01-03-2013, 02:37 PM #3
- 1,073 Posts
Bramstone I assume you used to be using the HD button?
Basically that uses a little workaround to get the high definition file from YouTube but it looks like they may have prevented my workaround from working. If the app finds that it fails it will go to using the safe version which luk3ja described :)
01-03-2013, 02:44 PM #4
- 190 Posts
Same thing here. Don't have the official YouTube app, so whenever there is a video, I choose rather "Show in Browser" and play the video there.
Would be nice if one could choose an app to be your default video/YouTube player, but this is hardly a big deal at all.
- By gwydionjhr in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 43Last Post: 12-15-2012, 01:08 PM
- By SleepyTheDon in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 13Last Post: 12-16-2011, 10:11 AM
- By rsmiley5 in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 09-29-2011, 02:00 AM
- By 3DPiper in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 04-27-2011, 05:13 PM
- By action_efn_jackson in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 5Last Post: 04-05-2011, 07:09 AM