Watching WP Central videos

bramstone123

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, everytime i try to watch one of your videos it always says an app is required, do you want to goto the marketplace? Why is this...?it use to work.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
The developer has it open a mobile youtube link, therefore it causes it to require the official youtube app rather than the native player or the developer could code one into the app like lots of other apps do, then it would work. The official youtube app plays stuff in ridiculously low resolution, its horrible. Hope it will be sorted in the WP8 version of WPCentral

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Bramstone I assume you used to be using the HD button?

Basically that uses a little workaround to get the high definition file from YouTube but it looks like they may have prevented my workaround from working. If the app finds that it fails it will go to using the safe version which luk3ja described :)

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here. Don't have the official YouTube app, so whenever there is a video, I choose rather "Show in Browser" and play the video there.
Would be nice if one could choose an app to be your default video/YouTube player, but this is hardly a big deal at all.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Well I've just figured out the problem with the HD workaround and fixed it, I'm actually submitting an update tonight so you'll see it pretty soon if we pass certification!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss