Is there a thread closing procedure WPC mods follow?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Or is it just dependant on what mood what mod looks at the thread in?

Of course 50 threads will have the same freaking title or key words. However, without reading the contents just because they "feel" it is against WP, it gets closed to enter the dungeon?

I hope this off topic thread doesn't annoy any mods!

It was really annoying when WPCentral forums are run like XDA forums. Of course the mods know the best etc, but if there was real clean up required and the site really needs bandwidth or what not, how about just deleting old junk that isn't relevant rather than squashing new discussions?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for every mod here but I only lock/close a thread for a few reasons.

(no specific order)
1) Any threads that goes against forum policy
2) Threads that only exist as flamebait
3) Threads that ignore the stickies
4) FUD heavy threads
5) When there's already a super thread about the topic
6) Numerous threads about the same topic within the first couple pages

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't it help to get rid of those threads that actually are over loaded with private attacks and such and let them be deleted and be gone forever, rather than close new threads that might bring in new stuff to share?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it help to get rid of those threads that actually are over loaded with private attacks and such and let them be deleted and be gone forever, rather than close new threads that might bring in new stuff to share?

Scanning every post in every thread is not an easy task. That's why we encourage the use of the report button.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett