This site gives me fits... Delays loading, Many times I shut "Edge" down and load Chrome..

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Using a Dell Precision with latest Windows 10 update. Have a dual monitor setup with an NVIDIA card DUAL slots. Most sites are fine. This one not so much. I kind of know how to get along and when to just shut the browser down and grab a different one. Many times I can't even get it to start typing in a dialogue box.

Yesterday I tried to post a picture of a Microsoft Ad that showed up in the DrudgeReport.com and none of my buttons worked after lots of effort.lumia_950_ad.jpg

Today I noticed in this box it's working. (See above)The browse dialogue box comes up. RumoredNow wanted to know why I posted anything about the Drudge report and didn't read what I said about Google ads coming alive with Microsoft ads with prices on the Lumia 950 ($549) despite the Lumia not actually being available and closed my thread down preemptively. Not so nice. He should read it next time. The other reason it was interesting is Microsoft is spending huge money on one of the most heavily travelled sites on the WEB and that's different except it tells you that you can shop now and you can't. You still get greeted by the fill out an email statement.

As an additional note my phone is also pulling up tons of Microsoft store ads on any location I visit with the same nonsense about not being able to order.

MG..

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: This site gives me fits... Delays loading, Many times I shut "Edge" down and load Chrome..

RumoredNow wanted to know why I posted anything about the Drudge report and didn't read what I said about Google ads coming alive with Microsoft ads with prices on the Lumia 950 ($549) despite the Lumia not actually being available and closed my thread down preemptively. Not so nice. He should read it next time.

Other sites serving you ads are not necessarily within the purview of this site. You muddled the ad content with the issue of ad servers. 2 separate issues leading to 2 separate discussions. FWIW I did read the post and tried my best to puzzle out which direction you were attempting to get a discourse going in. It was several cans of worms, IMHO, and the reason why I made the move I did.

Back to the topic of this thread, how to get Windows Central to play nice in Edge browser, you may benefit from this how to guide: http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/371442-edge-behaving-even-windows-central-heres-why.html

If you wish to start a discussion on why Microsoft Ads are appearing for a phone not available in your market, again, that is an entirely independent discussion. You are welcome to open it as an individual topic in an appropriate forum.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: This site gives me fits... Delays loading, Many times I shut "Edge" down and load Chrome..

It was definitely several cans of worms. I really just wanted my thoughts out on the Microsoft ads and to add to others comments about the site. Just threw it all together and posted it. I included the Drudge thing because I thought that was a very large step taken by Microsoft yet with no phone at the end of the rainbow and almost complete waste of money. I'll read your link on the Edge browser. Thanks for providing.

And thanks for responding..

MG