Why is Windows Central so slow?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've posted on this before, I'll post yet again - your site is SLOW. I know I don't have the most up to date PC, but Windows Central runs MUCH SLOWER than almost any other site I visit.

It gets to the point where I have to wait so long I just give up and leave the site.

Ironic.

I enjoy the articles and comments, but I'd spend more time here if you site simply worked in a reasonable manner.

It's not only ironic, it's ridiculous. You should be embarrassed.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I have to agree with others that this site is horrible!!!!!!!!!!! and it is not adblocker because I'm using chrome with no AB and it is still stupidly slow! it is a bad running script!! you guys need to get ur **** in order or fire the webmaster! keeps crashing IE11 edge and chrome is just looping this is just horrible and shoddy website now

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
The irony is I can type out comments and responses on my iPad Pro but not my Surface Pro 3. I have to click on the text field a good 5-7 times for they keyboard to come up on edge. One time does it for Safari on iOS.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
This has been an issue with this site for a long time, and I have to say without adblocker or the hosts file amendment the worst site I have come across, they of course suggest using the app, but when I am browsing, I am browsing not app-ing.

I would never have even tried the hosts file change if it wasn't for how bad this site is.

Having said that, with the hosts file and now with the latest adblocker extension it is fine.

pim scheffers

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Website performance is super slow

Hello,

I've been browsing (at least attempting to) this website for a while now and really like the content on the website.
However the performance on the website is so incredibly slow that the site it just unusable.

It doesn't matter giving specific browser info or machine configurations as it seems to affect ALL browsers and configurations.
The combination of bad coding and A SH*T METRIC ton of ads makes (well me at least) leave this site.

The fact is people have been starting threads for ages now about this problem and there just is no improvement what so ever.

So the raging fans, thermal throttling, memory swapping and browser crashing will continue i guess.
yes you are.jpg

See the date of this reaction: so i guess the answer is YES you are ignoring it!

Pim

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Pim - thanks for replying, and for your concern. Trust me, all concerns in this thread (and elsewhere) are very much important to us. Fixing any and all slowness issues are key for us here, but you're right, progress has been (ironically) slow.

We can't do it without your (constructive) feedback though. Sometimes the smallest tip will help us solve a nagging problem.

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs