Windows Central (UK) version.

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
What is the difference between the UK and US/India etc versions?

I presumed, for example, no US news, such as Verizon, AT&T news, would appear on the UK, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
David - you're correct. Selecting the country/region will deliver more tailored news to you. If you like in the UK, we endeavour to show you all UK related content if you have that set as your selection.

If you're not seeing much difference, it could simply be that not much 'local' content has been produced lately. In that case all global stories will still flow through the homepage as usual.

davidD93

May 28, 2013
Visit site
To clarify, as admittedly my original statement didn't make this clear, I was questioning more the fact of what I would argue to be non-UK stories, such as those about US carriers, appearing on the UK version - a few examples are given below that are on the UK version:

Unlocked Lumia 640 XL gets price cut to $200 at the Microsoft Store | Windows Central
New Xbox One 1TB bundle includes four free games, including Halo 5, for $349 | Windows Central
Cricket Wireless launches $70 unlimited plan, offers $100 bill credit to T-Mobile customers | Windows Central
Sprint rolls out LTE Plus in New York City to bring you supercharged speeds | Windows Central

Would you consider these to be global stories, or US-only stories?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
...and once you select U.K. as your preferred edition, it should stick there for future visits. If you want to change it up simply use the drop down menu once again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs