WinCentral PC vs Mobile Mode on PC?

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,

On my PC I use Firefox to access WinCentral and it was in PC mode until I tried and clicked on Mobile mode. Now I cannot find a setting to return back to PC mode on my PC. Under Profile it shows no switch to change mode also many switches available on PC mode are not available in Mobile mode. Any hints appreciated. Thanks.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: WinCentral PC vs Mobile Mode on PC

Hi folks,

On my PC I use Firefox to access WinCentral and it was in PC mode until I tried and clicked on Mobile mode. Now I cannot find a setting to return back to PC mode on my PC. Under Profile it shows no switch to change mode also many switches available on PC mode are not available in Mobile mode. Any hints appreciated. Thanks.

so the website is in mobile mode or the browser or the pc?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WinCentral web page on FF browser on PC switched to Mobile mode I wish to return back to PC mode.

Did you use this toggle at the bottom of a page?

Capture01.png

Sign out. Close the tab.

Browser > Settings > clear browsing history, cookies, cached data

Open new tab, navigate to site. Should be all set. If the issue persists, let us know.

I'll report this to Tech. I went into Mobile view and could not find settings anywhere (there is an area to select viewing mode {skin} in General Settings, but the Mobile view locks you out...)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
WinCentral web page on FF browser on PC switched to Mobile mode I wish to return back to PC mode.

Can you see settings under your profile name at the top of the page?
If yes, go to general settings,scroll down until you see forum skin and change back to windowscentral2012

though I'm not sure if this is the setting that changed for you

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I used toggle Mobile Style: Mobile. But now that drop down window does not appear in Mobile mode anywhere in my Profile or any menus.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
screenshot-forums windowscentral com 2016-06-08 13-58-34.png
Thanks a lot folks. Lower menus in Mobile mode disappeared and upper menu does not contain SETTINGS so it was impossible to switch back to PC mode.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Surface 2. I used to access the PC site and now I'm locked in mobile mode, is it on desktop or the metro IE

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue on my Surface 2. I used to access the PC site and now I'm locked in mobile mode, is it on desktop or the metro IE

On RT I think there was a shift in how IE operates since the update last September to bring 10 style Start Menu...

You can get "Mobile only" mode or "Desktop only" mode depending on where you open IE from...

Check this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/424122-upgraded-ie-edge-windows-rt.html

Hope it helps.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you but as I as said, it's the same on Metro or Desktop, so with the 2 IE. I'll try to set my "theme" from a PC to see if it changes anything

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Nope, not at all :/ And curiously, everything was working fine until let's March-April, so I don't think it's linked to September update. All other sites respond by their PC site (youtube, twitter, etc.), it doesn't look like a UserAgent issue. It happens only on windows central :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes