Cannot copy and Paste (Touch) from website

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've realized that on Windows Central.com, I cannot copy and paste using the touch screen on my surface pro 4.

Example, if I'm reading a thread and want to copy a line or two from it, I would use my finger to highlight the piece I want. When I press and hold, the context menu does not appear, the selection just disappears. This is in Edge.

In chrome, I cannot even highlight the text I want. Nothing happens.

I don't know if these problems are browser related or website related. I'm just guessing website because I can copy and paste easily on other websites.

P.S if reading an article on the home page (in edge) the context menu comes up fine when pressing and holding with my finger.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ah... Yeah I just haven't been able to hang with Edge.

In chrome, I cannot even highlight the text I want. Nothing happens.

FWIW I'm actually using Iron. I find it super compliant and very privacy forward. Fastest browser I ever used. I think it beats Chrome for speed because all the Google is stripped out. :winktongue:

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@RumoredNow - would you be able to email me all the details here? Issue, steps to recreate, etc... Not able to recreate on my end and want to make sure I get proper details to our team :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes