Pop up message box?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
When navigating back to the previous WPC page, I sporadically get a message box asking if "I want to leave the page". I haven't done anything but look at a thread to see the conversation. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough that it is annoying.

Screenshot (39).png

Surface Pro W10

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Edge, right? Running any Hosts Files?I don't see Ad Block...

This dialog should only occur when you have started an action and not completed it, like begun a reply and then click back.

Next time it pops up, stay on the page and scroll to the quick reply box, click cancel and see if that clears it up. You may have a cookie that needs to be reset status-wise...

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Edge, right? Running any Hosts Files?I don't see Ad Block...

This dialog should only occur when you have started an action and not completed it, like begun a reply and then click back.

Next time it pops up, stay on the page and scroll to the quick reply box, click cancel and see if that clears it up. You may have a cookie that needs to be reset status-wise...

Thanks for the help. Yes Edge. I don't know what you mean "running any host files?"

Exactly, it's like I started a reply and then hit the back button, but I haven't. I've clicked on a topic to read the responses, then clicked the back button to go back.

I'm not sure what you mean a cookie that needs to be reset status-wise.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Yes Edge. I don't know what you mean "running any host files?"

Exactly, it's like I started a reply and then hit the back button, but I haven't. I've clicked on a topic to read the responses, then clicked the back button to go back.

I'm not sure what you mean a cookie that needs to be reset status-wise.

Hosts File is another alternative to Ad Blockers. It is sort of a DIY blocker. If you had it, you would know and it is the sort of thing that needs tuning from time to time...

About the cookie. I think you may have at one time in the past backed out of a thread after starting a reply (or other action) that left a cookie in your browser saying there is a pending action. For whatever reason the site keeps referring back to that old action, likely via a cookie stored in your browser.

I'd try the cancel button on a post box and if that doesn't solve it (by satisfying whatever the cookie is still looking for) consider clearing cookies and cache in Edge.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have this problem when actually replying to threads.

So say I type a reply and hit "post quick reply", I get that pop up. It's very annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos