Has this site become "Games Central?"

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I used to read a lot of great articles and information from other Windows enthusiasists about the operating system and possible upcoming new devices, Not so much anymore...it seems to have morphed into gamer central with all the stories about Forza, Minecraft, Gears of War.. ad infinitum.

Would love to see more stories about how to fix problems users of Windows 10 are having and how to fix them or about why it seems to be so hard to attract more OEM's to build mobile devices that will run W10 since it is obvious that MS can't or won't build quality hardware, And if the MS vision has truly shifted to Enterprise then why not more about that...not stuff like Games that enterprise surely isn't too fond of when it comes to productivity at work

Last edited:

Derek Kessler

Managing Editor
Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
It's part of our expanded focus — all things Microsoft. So we're looking at Windows 10 and Mobile and Hololens and Xbox and everything else. There's been a lot of gaming content recently, yes, and that's simply due to there being a lot of worthy games hitting the market this time of year. Rest assured, later in October this place will look like Surface Central!

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Surface Central next month. Then January will be "Windows-based device Help Central". Then after that should be HoloLens Central here and at VR Heads.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re-added mine manually on my phone yesterday. A pain, but actually updated some old pics. Showing up in my outlook.com on PC now as well.

the contact pictures on my phone are still there but the ones on the outlook website are gone - so I'm just waiting for the ones on the phone to disappear too :grincry:

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
the contact pictures on my phone are still there but the ones on the outlook website are gone - so I'm just waiting for the ones on the phone to disappear too :grincry:

The pics on my phone didn't disappear until I jumped to RS2 on fast ring even though they were gone on my laptop. Hopefully you're safe. Fingers crossed.

straightaways

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Came here to post this exact thing. The site is seriously game heavy these days, and while I have an xbox, the balance is just well off what I think it should be.

I'm checking the site significantly less.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It's part of our expanded focus — all things Microsoft. So we're looking at Windows 10 and Mobile and Hololens and Xbox and everything else. There's been a lot of gaming content recently, yes, and that's simply due to there being a lot of worthy games hitting the market this time of year. Rest assured, later in October this place will look like Surface Central!

but not everyone plays games and xbox isn't that common world over. We do need articles on issues affecting windows users like the contact pictures disappearing or more news on office apps

straightaways

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, certainly more of a balance is in order, for my tastes anyway.

I can't help but get the feeling the site is losing its way big time.

Guess I'll stick to thurrott for my Microsoft news.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Aside from news about apps leaving the platform, that is pretty much it. There are few to little devices being released and reviewed so that's expected.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Aside from news about apps leaving the platform, that is pretty much it. There are few to little devices being released and reviewed so that's expected.

but it's not always about devices - Microsoft is mainly software so how about software related news?

Ignite happened but what was there for us as windows users? Or office users?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Oooooh I like this thread!

Just wanted to chime in here real quick to touch on two things:

1) Rest assured, Derek and his team are pros, and they're going to cover all things Microsoft. Whatever happens to have the most value at the time, they're going to work on and produce at a very high level.

2) If you have suggestions, comments, or concerns please do reach out to me. We're all better together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petazinta