Adblock makes us sad

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend! I Googled October 10th. I didn't come up with any thing. Unless you count Columbus Day.:smile: James is from London??
I forget that people on these forums are from all over the world. I'm still eating left overs. LMAO. When did you celebrate Thanks Giving!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi Friend! I Googled October 10th. I didn't come up with any thing. Unless you count Columbus Day. James is from London??
I forget that people on these forums are from all over the world. I'm still eating left overs. LMAO. When did you celebrate Thanks Giving!
No, James is Canadian! They always have theirs in October.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
OK enough turkey talk LOL... Is it me or has WC improved in it's stability whilst NOT running a blocker? Been browsing using Firefox w/o uBlock Origin enabled and there appears to be a substantial improvement, no not perfect yet much better than I've experienced when tried just recently or in the past.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK enough turkey talk LOL... Is it me or has WC improved in it's stability whilst NOT running a blocker? Been browsing using Firefox w/o uBlock Origin enabled and there appears to be a substantial improvement, no not perfect yet much better than I've experienced when tried just recently or in the past.

I have uBlock Origin disabled and I haven't noticed too much difference yet, which is good...

I need to make sure something else isn't blocking stuff though.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I logged on a couple nights ago and got the message that WC was under maintenance. Maybe they are working on the site! I knew James was Canadian.
We talked about drinking Canadian Hunter on another forum here on WC. I'll see if I can find it.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi These are all duplicate email notices. This has been happening sense day 1. Not a huge deal, but I'm curious why I get the dupes!
I don't see where this would be hard to figure out why this happens. Is no one else getting these??

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 6

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey I might not be getting the dupes any more. I'll give it some time, but it's looking god today!:wink: I will let you know tomorrow .
Is this a great help forum or what? Hey James. It's looking good at this time!:smile:
You all are appreciated and I'll try to behave! Just don't tread on this old country boy and not expect me to respond!:wink:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Looking good James! I do the best I can with the little bit of knowledge that I have learned from others. That's all I can do my friend..
So far, I'm not getting any duplication email notices as of today. I will let you know if this changes!:wink:
Is this a great help forum or what!:smile:
Good night special friends! I'll be back tomorrow!:wink:

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't want to start a different thread about using adblock so I'll just ad to this one. I also started getting the same message as the op but now I no longer get it (adblock updated or maybe Mobile Nations pulled it). That said, I thought to myself, maybe I should take adblock off and see what the site is like since I haven't seen it without it on in a very long time. Take a look at this screenshot and tell me there isn't a good reason to use an ad blocker. What a mess!

uglywindowscentral.jpg

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi There! These are the only adds I get here on the forum. I have no lags and no problems. I'm using Firefox. It's a server problem. I rest my case!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 3

Achyut Arjun

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
This is on Edge when I turn off adblock plus. And this is with Flash off. I'd hate to see what happened if I had flash enabled.
View attachment 132042
View attachment 132043
View attachment 132044

I use the app, mostly, but I do not find ads on the site either. I sometimes prefer the website, over the app, as the app crashes very often on my lumia 730. However, edge mobile browser probably doesn't have adblock, and I still don't get ads from windows central.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Here's how I was greeted this morning. At least the servers are getting some attention!LMAO. I'm thinking the whole site needs a over haul!LMAO!

Attachments

• Capture26.JPG
    Capture26.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 6

78Bandit

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to add to this thread. I run an adblocker specifically due to Windows Central. No other website has caused me more problems with locking my browser, giving me unwanted popovers, or having excruciating load times. At first I though it was my computer, but I noticed it was only happening at WC. I gave Adblock Plus at try and everything worked fine after that. I do have it set to allow non intrusive advertising so I get a lot of the banner ads and hopefully WC is making some advertising dollars off of those, but there is no way I'll disable ABP at this point. I'll stop reading here completely if I have to go back to the absolute mess it is without blocking the crap ads.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to add to this thread. I run an adblocker specifically due to Windows Central. No other website has caused me more problems with locking my browser, giving me unwanted popovers, or having excruciating load times. At first I though it was my computer, but I noticed it was only happening at WC. I gave Adblock Plus at try and everything worked fine after that. I do have it set to allow non intrusive advertising so I get a lot of the banner ads and hopefully WC is making some advertising dollars off of those, but there is no way I'll disable ABP at this point. I'll stop reading here completely if I have to go back to the absolute mess it is without blocking the crap ads.

Appreciate you reporting this, and for sticking with us.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Here's some requests blocked by uBlock. I just recently added uBlock to Firefox. Wot is no longer available for Firefox, so I added uBlock for added protection!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 5

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi there! Well I finally got the pop-up that everyone is getting. Been here two months and this is the first time. Not a happy camper:angry: I'm also experiencing a little lag. Not serious but did notice it! Anyway I'll live with it. Not much choice. I love this forum and I know the adds make money and keep the place running. Wondering if there could be too adds many when it starts interfering with the members ability to be active and participate on the forum!:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon