Advertisements on the main site.

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Not really sure where to post this so I will do so here. Look, first, I want to make it clear that I have no problem with targeted advertisements on the sites I frequent, for instance: here and Hardforum.com. However, unlike Hardforum, this site has so many ads and flash videos loading that it make even my fast desktops, FX 8300 at 4.5 Ghz, 24GB of ram and 2 x 1TB SSDs at home, FX 8350, 32GB of ram and 2 x 480GB SSD's slow to a crawl in Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

So, I guess what I am asking is too please fix this problem so I can actually unblock your ads and receive good performance from your site. I have tried it multiple times and every time, the site runs like crap with the ads and stuff unblocked.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Not really sure where to post this so I will do so here. Look, first, I want to make it clear that I have no problem with targeted advertisements on the sites I frequent, for instance: here and Hardforum.com. However, unlike Hardforum, this site has so many ads and flash videos loading that it make even my fast desktops, FX 8300 at 4.5 Ghz, 24GB of ram and 2 x 1TB SSDs at home, FX 8350, 32GB of ram and 2 x 480GB SSD's slow to a crawl in Firefox, Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

So, I guess what I am asking is too please fix this problem so I can actually unblock your ads and receive good performance from your site. I have tried it multiple times and every time, the site runs like crap with the ads and stuff unblocked.
This is not going to change. There has been so many complaints about this for so long. I don't know if it's a coding thing or what but that's just how they like their web page. I suggest continue to block the ads and/or just get the app.

wpguy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's the holidays, maybe it's the article topics, or maybe it's the ads that drive even the highest-performing system to it's knees, but it's hard not to notice the number of article comments has taken a HUGE nose-dive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes