Duplicate notifications

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I get 2 immediate email notifications when someone posts in threads I subscribe to. Both arrive at the same time with the same sent data and time.

The emails are identical EXCEPT for an extra blank line at the start of one email and a statement near the bottom of one saying there may be other replies, blah, blah.

I'm not aware of any profile option to prevent this. I understand the purpose for both emails but its not normal or desirable for a forum to email each new post AND email it again saying you won't get additional notices until you visit the forum.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, two slightly different copies... For once, HoosierDaddy, you are not alone. :winktongue:

Forums normally choose between the two messages. One choice is to send a notification of every post and the other is to send one for the first post since last visit and include a statement saying there may be subsequent posts you won't get notifications for.

I'm astonished that forum software doesn't make that an either/or choice for the admins. There could be no circumstance when both would be desired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb