Post time stamps are wrong

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
This has been going on for weeks. I was lazy and thought it would get fixed without reporting it.

All the post time-stamps I see are GMT.

The time zone in my Passport profile is correct (Mountain Time). The DST setting in my WC profile is correct (never apply).

I always thought it was strange to not have a time zone setting in the WC profile and to not have a DST setting in the Passport Profile but, that's another topic.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So... I always see this issue if I change some setting or entry in Passport. Save the change and BLAMO time offset.

I go into Passport where the zone still shows as correct,
change it to one zone off (I'm in Central, I usually make it Mountain),
save,
change it to correct zone,
save...

The forum is then correct again.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
So... I always see this issue if I change some setting or entry in Passport. Save the change and BLAMO time offset.

I go into Passport where the zone still shows as correct,
change it to one zone off (I'm in Central, I usually make it Mountain),
save,
change it to correct zone,
save...

The forum is then correct again.
That worked. I can't believe I didn't think of that. ;)

Does this mean you also know why in any universe a site would require two profiles and neither one lets you set your local time for time stamps? I mean you have to go to one of the profiles to set your time zone, then you have to go to the other to set your DST!?! Is the site owned by Rube Goldberg?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's heavily skinned V-Bulletin. They hid a few of the settings on the forums to make them Passport dependent since so many users flit between sites. Time Zone and Avatar are two that come instantly to mind...

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
It's heavily skinned V-Bulletin. They hid a few of the settings on the forums to make them Passport dependent since so many users flit between sites. Time Zone and Avatar are two that come instantly to mind...
So ........you are suggesting that members have one time zone BUT have different DST depending on what platform they are reading about at the moment?

Makes perfect sense to have time zone in the passport profile but not to put the DST in the individual profiles. Both should be in the same profile.

Wait, did the owners steal the code from the federal govt?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786