03-21-2017 12:01 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    I did want to note that the pic upload options are nice in the new forum.
    Now that I have it figured out it's a very nice feature.

Well done and thank you to the forum design team.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-03-2017 09:30 PM
    Thanks. Never saw it tucked in there. Don't know why that would be there since it is a whole site search by default and not a forum search unless selected.
    It does take you to search f the specific thread or forum, I just posted the simplified link so that it xould be bookmarked my anyone for use later.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-03-2017 10:28 PM
    To add my voice:

- the default theme is too low contrast for me, as others have mentioned as well
    - the dark theme is better, but this reply box is still blindingly bright :)
    - I miss seeing at a glance who liked my post. Seeing those names made the place feel more personal
    - The 'new messages' (for likes, replies, etc) in the top right is too subtle. Color it, animate it, something

And a longer comment: the default avatar for people without avatar doesn't look particularly nice. Maybe copy the logic that MS uses in outlook: assign random (but nice) colors to users, and add the first letter of their name in the center of the circle. Would be a nice nod to Windows/MS.
    03-05-2017 10:22 AM
    I am assuming these are unintended because it sure should not be this way.

You no longer can see who liked any post. Okay, maybe someone thinks it saves "ink" to not automatically show the names but if you mouse over the like count, the cursor changes to the click symbol; but nothing happens if you click. I suspect a click is supposed to show the list of names. People have reputations and a like count is fairly useless if you can't tell if the likes came from people you trust or the ones you don't.

And much worse: the name of who started a thread isn't shown in the thread lists. I think its safe to say that NOBODY has time to read every thread. Who started a thread is one of many factors used to decide which ones get bypassed.

I don't have anyone on my ignore list, but tell me the logic in blocking posts by ignored members but not at least giving the ability to bypass threads from those people if they choose. You can't do that without the name of the thread starter.
    RumoredNow and Rinsun like this.
    03-05-2017 05:20 PM
    Are speaking of the WC app?
    I use mTalk and both those issues don't exist.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    03-05-2017 05:27 PM
    Are speaking of the WC app?
    I use mTalk and both those issues don't exist.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    I should have mentioned.

I only access the forums from a PC. No app. But the things I mentioned are missing in Firefox, IE and Edge. I haven't tried other browsers but don't think this is a browser problem.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-05-2017 05:48 PM
    I should have mentioned.

I only access the forums from a PC. No app. But the things I mentioned are missing in Firefox, IE and Edge. I haven't tried other browsers but don't think this is a browser problem.
    I seldom access the forums from a PC, so I can't comment. Doesn't sound like the browser though. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    03-05-2017 06:23 PM
    The IE11 itineration of Windows Central Forums seems to now be fixed and usable. That would be the MoNa style anyway. Thanks team.

The WC2012 style remains unstickable in both Edge and IE11 though.

Baby steps are progress nonetheless. Thanks team.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-06-2017 11:10 AM
    ...the name of who started a thread isn't shown in the thread lists...
    Additionally the date and time of thread creation should appear on the wrapper.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-06-2017 11:24 AM
    I seldom access the forums from a PC, so I can't comment. Doesn't sound like the browser though. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    Yep, not the browser, it's the site. I use all of the browsers and it's the same deal.
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    03-06-2017 01:08 PM
    But the things I mentioned are missing in Firefox, IE and Edge. I haven't tried other browsers but don't think this is a browser problem.
    I tried Chrome also - it's missing there as well.
    However it works for Android Central Forum.
    03-07-2017 08:01 AM
    I tried Chrome also - it's missing there as well.
    However it works for Android Central Forum.
    Hmm. I wonder if Microsoft is maintaining all these forums. Would explain why Android would come first.
    03-07-2017 08:09 AM
    Hmm. I wonder if Microsoft is maintaining all these forums. Would explain why Android would come first.
    'AC was the original testing bed. I believe changes are going to happen there first and then get pushed out to the other MoNa sites.'
    This is what RumoredNow said in reply to an earlier post of mine.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-07-2017 08:30 AM
    Please provide a high contrast theme for those of us with lower vision! The toggle between light and dark still does not provide enough contrast.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-07-2017 01:38 PM
    The Trending banner button game is too easy.

When the Trending banner is updated, the buttons to the right move right or left depending on the length of the trending thread title (see pictures).

The banner currently updates ever few seconds, which makes it WAY too easy to click on the desired button to the right of the banner. Personally, I think the banner should update every 1/4 second. But if that's not doable, maybe speed it up 1/4 second for a member every time they manage to click on a button before it moves.
    Attached Thumbnails banner-1.png   banner-2.png  
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-07-2017 03:41 PM
    Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a way to multi-quote more posts at a time?

Other than that I really like the new design. Very stylish
    03-08-2017 07:46 AM
    ...is there a way to multi-quote more posts at a time?
    Not right now. There is no multiquote button...

You have to quote a post and copy it to clipboard (because you can't even stack them the same way you used to be able to by hitting quote on another post and it shows up in the edit box with the previous quote - now hitting a second quote opens a new edit box and anything in the previous box is just gone)...

So quote one post, copy to clipboard. Quote second post and paste in first quote, copy all to clipboard. Quote third post and paste in first two quotes... Repeat as needed. A PITA to be sure, especially if the posts are on more than one page of the thread.
    Axeelant, mtf1380, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    03-08-2017 08:52 AM
    Not right now. There is no multiquote button...

So quote one post, copy to clipboard. Quote second post and paste in first quote, copy all to clipboard. Quote third post and paste in first two quotes... Repeat as needed. A PITA to be sure, especially if the posts are on more than one page of the thread.
    Thanks for the reply. We would surely need this simple feature in the future updates. Until then, copy and paste will have to do :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-08-2017 09:11 AM
    cool little animation effect when hitting the like (heart) icon...kudos:)
    Last edited by mtf1380; 03-08-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Joe920 likes this.
    03-08-2017 03:13 PM
    Personally I would like it if ignored posts weren't so hard to ignore. Maybe shrink it way down, without the avatar placeholder, and without bright colored buttons for unblocking?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ignore.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	134490
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-21-2017 12:01 PM
95 ... 234