How to get old design?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Scroll to the bottom of the page left side on desktop, then select the pictured option "WPCentral 2012" refresh and voila...

Capture.JPG

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, yesterday this advice worked fine but now I can't switch to the old theme, it's automatically switched to MoNa Style :(

Tried to clear site's cookies (in Chrome): with anonymous logon I'm getting old theme (WPCentral 2012) but right after login, it switches back to the MoNa Style...

Could you please fix this?

P.S. Also tried without ad blockers (Chrome in safe mode, fresh install of FF) - same result, after switching theme once, its remains on "MoNa Style" :(

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks like we're stuck for now.
So far there's no way back.
It's not like its gone or broken. As sensboston reported, up 'till at least 5 minutes ago, you still get the old style if you aren't logged on and have no cookies. There is probably a way to outsmart whatever is forcing the switch.

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
By the way, it's about two weeks after bug report but we have no issue resolution or ETA provided by the site admins :(

@Guytronic , could you please provide us some info? This "MoNa Style" is really ugly, and burn my eyes...

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@sensboston - we didn't have any plans to support the old style, but if you can point out things you like about the old one, I can see what we can do to accommodate. Nothing more important than listening to feedback to see how we can do things better.

What would you suggest?

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, you already have (non-working now) theme switch at the bottom of the page! It was especially turned off right after my question (but old theme worked pretty fine), please re-read whole topic...

So, it's about respect (what I mentioned in the other thread), not a technical difficulties. Please don't ignore or close eyes on the issue! Nobody asked you to support something new or unusual; just revert already working feature back...

P.S. And I don't like this theme at all: colors, font sizes, elements locations etc.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Disappointed as well the ability for switching to "WPCentral 2012" was removed so quickly. I'm also not rockin' the new layout/theme all that much upon frequent use. Along with the colours/contrast being off other aspects feel amiss although we're at a loss to say exactly what that is. Still coming here daily but the rapport the site once had does feel diminished, for me anyway.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, you already have (non-working now) theme switch at the bottom of the page! It was especially turned off right after my question (but old theme worked pretty fine), please re-read whole topic...

So, it's about respect (what I mentioned in the other thread), not a technical difficulties. Please don't ignore or close eyes on the issue! Nobody asked you to support something new or unusual; just revert already working feature back...

P.S. And I don't like this theme at all: colors, font sizes, elements locations etc.

The theme was disabled on Friday on all of our sites across the network. And we certainly aren't ignoring you. If you have specific feedback/complaints/bugs/anything I encourage you to provide feedback on our official design feedback thread (for the whole network!) right here on AC. <--- leaving your feedback will assure our design and tech team see your comments to make tweaks/updates.

Your feedback is crucial. I want to make sure everyone is happy with the new design, and if not want to accommodate everyone in any way we can (open to all ideas). Thanks!

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Disappointed as well the ability for switching to "WPCentral 2012" was removed so quickly. I'm also not rockin' the new layout/theme all that much upon frequent use. Along with the colours/contrast being off other aspects feel amiss although we're at a loss to say exactly what that is. Still coming here daily but the rapport the site once had does feel diminished, for me anyway.
@Elky64 - super bummed to hear that. If you wouldn't mind providing specific feedback on what we can do to improve the theme right here, or better yet - drop me a note at james@mobilenations.com. Standing by to listen/help/make things happen :)

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
@Elky64 - super bummed to hear that. If you wouldn't mind providing specific feedback on what we can do to improve the theme right here, or better yet - drop me a note at james@mobilenations.com. Standing by to listen/help/make things happen :)

Thanks for the quick response James!

I'll get back to you on the intricate details but my work is close at hand, gotta make that pay-check ya know.

What I'll say for now is that we are finding the pastel colours and muted text to be a tad conflicting or hard to read at times. As for the muted text, sometimes requires a triple take just to decipher... Yes my eyesight isn't 100% but didn't think it was that bad. To add, "some" of the fonts just don't seem to fit having a "stark" feel to them. Also, another aspect that made it a bit more personal was the fact you could see who liked your posts (within them) rather than just a number, only way I found to identify is to go into my inbox... If this one flew over my head please enlighten me as I'd appreciate it.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Elky64 - trust me, no problem at all. I really appreciate the constructive, kind feedback. I'd rather get feedback than nothing at all!

If you can put together a bullet list of things you don't like, or things in your opinion that you'd change, feel free to post them here. Any screenshots to show how something might not look right or out of place would be appreciated too!

Like I said earlier we just pushed the design live to all users late last week, so there's bound to be some issues we've missed that need tweaking.

Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss