Why Can't We Post from Windows 10/Windows 10 Mobile Windows Central App?

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Any idea why we are unable to post from the Windows 10 or Windows 10 mobile Windows Central app running the latest Insider builds? Having to do this via web is not really ideal.

Last edited:

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Same problem. Unfortunately the W10M app is not very good.

Sure, they have updated a few times, but the original bugs still exist. I have gone back to the WP8 app.
Notifications work better, but still can't post from the app....

The W10M train is just about to reach it's final destination. After that I will retire my 1520 and get a feature phone.
Android and iOS don't look like a good option for me... All good things must come to an end...

nasznjoka

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Same problem. Unfortunately the W10M app is not very good.

Sure, they have updated a few times, but the original bugs still exist. I have gone back to the WP8 app.
Notifications work better, but still can't post from the app....

The W10M train is just about to reach it's final destination. After that I will retire my 1520 and get a feature phone.
Android and iOS don't look like a good option for me... All good things must come to an end...

Why deny yourself modern tech out of conservatism?? At least dont deny your loved ones the modern tech if you can not cope as I ve observed most guys here are doing that turning their family and friends into denying modern tech

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The Windows Central Windows 10 mobile app (running the production build) doesn't let me send my comments. It's evil in that it lets me compose my thoughts and type the comment and then when I hit send, nothing happens. Then? I don't know if this is related or not, but the app closes. When I "Long Press" the "Back Button" I find the app isn't running. I have lost my comment.

"USE and SUPPORT what you LIKE, or be part of the PROBLEM." I don't waste money buying a new car when I like my existing car and my existing car serves my needs. My Windows phone works and meets my needs. I show off the live tiles every chance I get.

Best Wishes

Moaske

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to chime in... ;)

Some things with the Windows 10 (NOT Mobile but PC!) app for Windows Central:
-Posting/reacting to an article is impossible... no user feedback on clicking, it just does nothing.
-So, I thought I'd be smart and then click the globe icon to go to the site to the corresponding article. Again: dead button...nothing happens.

And regarding the revamped site: the hamburger icon in the top left does jack sh*t also... So doesn't the forum-icon :(
Yes, I'm browsing with Edge...
Like I'm supposed to be able to do on a website called WINDOWS Central *cough* *cough* ... ;)

To round this out with a nicer4 remark: the new design of the site is nice though, and performance is muuuuch better :)
Now; can you get your devs to fix above points? :p

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720