Skype on Windows Phone - strange behaviours

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I am using Skype on Windows Phone and something strange/annoying happens:

1. When I try to delete an entry from the call record (press and hold on the entry and then choose "remove"), the entry is not deleted at all. But when I repeat the same procedure (yes, press and hold on the entry and then choose "remove" AGAIN), the entry is deleted.

2. Sometimes the call record shows "Call started" for a particular call. No call duration is shown. I am sure that the call is a successful one (connected and then ended in normal way).

3. Sometimes the app hangs at the "calling" status. The hang up button is grayed. All I can do is to close the app and re-open it.

Am I the only one experiencing these strange problems?

I am using Lumia 930, with all Windows Phone update and the Skype app updated applied.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
indeed quite disappointed at Microsoft. I used Skype on iPhone, which worked very well except the connection time is a bit long. I expected the WP Skype should be even more brilliant.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
indeed quite disappointed at Microsoft. I used Skype on iPhone, which worked very well except the connection time is a bit long. I expected the WP Skype should be even more brilliant.

As we all expected, but MSFTs products are inferior on their own platform than on others. But overall, Skype isn't great, even on desktop has a flaws.

morpheus9

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
I am using Skype on Windows Phone and something strange/annoying happens:

1. When I try to delete an entry from the call record (press and hold on the entry and then choose "remove"), the entry is not deleted at all. But when I repeat the same procedure (yes, press and hold on the entry and then choose "remove" AGAIN), the entry is deleted.

2. Sometimes the call record shows "Call started" for a particular call. No call duration is shown. I am sure that the call is a successful one (connected and then ended in normal way).

3. Sometimes the app hangs at the "calling" status. The hang up button is grayed. All I can do is to close the app and re-open it.

Am I the only one experiencing these strange problems?

I am using Lumia 930, with all Windows Phone update and the Skype app updated applied.

You're not the only one experiencing these problems. Even I got the save problems and you cant even delete Skype contacts from the app.

Kovaelin

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
The way Skype manages contacts in the mobile app is a mess. I'm just glad it doesn't actually mess up my contacts outside of the app. It still does what it's supposed to do, so I'll keep it around, but Microsoft needs to give it more attention after putting in all the effort to acquire it.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Skype on Windows Phone isn't working very well for me either. I've uninstalled it and am using Line instead for now....

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Skype on PC. A contact shows up as online, but when I try to call or IM, they become offline.
Actually, same happens on WP too.
And no, they are not hiding from me ))))

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre