Have a Pebble? Here's what you can do with it on Windows Phone

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Pebble_WindowsPhone.jpg

Smartwatches are a hot item these days and the Pebble Smartwatch may be the hottest potato in the bunch.* Our Mobile Nations teams recently visited the Pebble Factory in Palo Alto, California and were rather impressed with what they saw.
With the recent launch of the new Mobile Nations site Smartwatch Fans and the rising popularity of the Pebble watch we here at Windows Phone Central became curious as to what apps are available in the Windows Phone Store for these smartwatches.

Full story from the WPCentral blog...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This thread was started on 1/4/2014, over 9 months ago, Now after this time has passed, with 8.1 and Cyan that is out, Is there anything more you can do with the Pebble ?

or is it still almost worthless besides downloading some apps, change a few music tracks and updating firmware ? Looking for notifications, etc.... something like you can get on Android or iOS...

hchagas88

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hope so. I just bought a P.ebble (still waiting for deliver) and I HOPE I'm able to do something with it. I asked the Pebble support if there's any chance to get an official app for WP 8.1 and all I got from them was... Silence. All I know is about the unofficial app that gives you someTwitter/fb notifications, but no SMS nor Phone calls. I'll keep you posted when my Pebble arrives and I do some tests with it.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hope so. I just bought a P.ebble (still waiting for deliver) and I HOPE I'm able to do something with it. I asked the Pebble support if there's any chance to get an official app for WP 8.1 and all I got from them was... Silence. All I know is about the unofficial app that gives you someTwitter/fb notifications, but no SMS nor Phone calls. I'll keep you posted when my Pebble arrives and I do some tests with it.

Yea, I grabbed one too as a impulse buy...Just really to check out. So far besides connecting to a app to upload new watch faces and apps, I cant see any 3rd party options to allow notifications if any type. Maybe some that will tell battery life and one that claims Twitter update but, I am looking for texts, email etc.

Like it should work on iOS or Android...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, Got this quote from a fellow member, if true someone with a WP8.1 device and a Pebble has notifications working, etc....

Actually, a guy a my local Microsoft Store was using a Pebble smartwatch with his HTC One M8 (Windows) yesterday. Worked pretty well, thanks to a glorious third-party developer who was willing to make the Bluetooth stack work and got Pebble devices to communicate with Windows Phone. Notifications and all. Also, are smartwatches really /that/ cool yet that they're must haves? I can understand the local apps part, but I honestly don't see the major appeal in smartwatches at this time.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ph...-windows-phone-mini-rant-lol.html#post2773228

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
i have release a new app for pebble, with it you can receive notify from email,fb and soon other social network.

The app also work in background so you can close the app and do other think.

You can try more info here
Pebble Notify | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Nice, added features over the other app, still no calls or SMS/text. Still too many limits for a "smartwatch". Sigh, I think it's time to get rid of my Pebble....anyone want to buy a minty black Pebble ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte