Microsoft smartwatch on Agents of shield?

Leaf81

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
On the latest episode of Marvel Agents of Shield, the characters are seen constantly using their smartwatches. Given that Microsoft must be sponsoring the show (they all use Windows phones and surface pro 3's), maybe this is a leaked first look at Microsoft' smartwatch. It is more of a band, like the rumors say, and have the flat, metro design. I can't seem to find a picture on the internet, but if someone can find one, what do you think?

Leaf81

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
83a24dd3355bddd1c1d1d8c9c0c7bf56.jpg
Here's a picture I took off it, sorry it's not that good.

Jackie Earley

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
If Microsoft released a smartwatch that was affordable and fully integrated with Cortana on your phone, displayed notifications, and allowed you to do simple tasks then I would consider it. It cannot be expensive otherwise it wont sell. Even a simple hardware button to launch Cortana easily so bumping it doesn't activate it or voice activation "Hey Cortana", would be great.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
That's why I'm not getting the Apple watch. The watch part of the smartwatch is as good as the hardware clock. If Microsoft fine-tuned the clock, my money would literally jump to the counter.

korpatch

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I've seen in several locations the episode was sponsored by fitbit and that it is possibly fitbit's new PurePulse device which will be coming out some day in the future. Fitbit hasn't really announced anything to the public about any new devices, but based on all I read, that is what Skye is wearing.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible that Microsoft and Fitbit are doing a joint venture here? Is this why Apple stopped selling Fitbit products, and not Oley because of the iWatch?

Leaf81

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
That would be really smart of Microsoft to do, I would buy a fitbit running 'Windows Wear' or whatever else they may call it. I wonder if this would mean they couldn't make their own Surface of Lumia branded watch though.

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. I believe the Fitness wear and smartwatch should offer different things and different price points. My beef with both he Android watches and iWatch are that they do not do anything additional or better than my phone. In other words, besides a fad, what is the value prop? I don't see one. If Microsoft sticks with fitness wear until they can offer a clear advantage, I believe that is the way to go.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Here's some better pics I found on from some other news articles:

B0HYjbhIQAAQ6EN.jpg
Smartwatch_Microsoft.jpg

Personally, I'm quite looking forward to this MS wearable given the somewhat lacklustre support for wearables on WP now (*cough* Pebble *cough*)

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I sure hope Microsoft has 2 designs for wearable. As the long thin one shown here may be good for people into fitness, but it reminds me of the 70's ID bands that were all the rage.
For us older and not so in shape people we a more classic design...something for everyday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077