New pebble watch...

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Its nothing to do with pebble not making the app as far as I know its that Microsoft dont allow the integration into messages calandar etc that a pebble/other smart watches require.

ygtgngr

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Its nothing to do with pebble not making the app as far as I know its that Microsoft dont allow the integration into messages calandar etc that a pebble/other smart watches require.
I don't think this is true. They don't need to use the calendar or messaging app on the phone as Microsoft Band they can categorize every notification that you receive. Ex: If you remove calendar tile from band since it can't find the category it will come as a normal notification to notification center.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Update 1 brings deep wearable integration with the OS meaning any wearable can tap into notifications. So there's no reason to create a Pebble app for WP (although I'm not expecting them to make one for us...). I really like the Pebble Time though - that UI looks sick!

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Looking at Pebble's company profile, it's kind of dumb to ignore the few Windows Phone users out there. Since WP doesn't really have any smartwatches, those that want one will likely pick up their watch. So say they sell a 100k units to the couple million WP users out there. Is it really that bad to gross $20M in revenue if they would just put a single dev to work on the app/updates, or just completely forego an additional revenue stream because the CEO doesn't like Microsoft? It's like a brat at a playground, these companies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon