MSFT Pebble app WORKING!!!

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Hey Windows Central, I have some seriously awesome news for you if you have a Pebble and a Windows Phone.

Remember the article Daniel posted about the Pebble app MSFT was working on? I had a Pebble and decided to try it out.

I downloaded the app from the WP Store in the PC (you cannot do it directly through the phone). Using the Windows Phone App Deployer, I first developer unlocked my Lumia 525 and then deployed the app to my phone. I opened the app, and it tried connecting to the Pebble. Had to unpair and repair it, then after successful pairing I decided to see if the notifications actually work.

The result:

IMG_3371.JPG

IT WORKS!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Some more screenshots to prove I have the app:

IMG_3373.JPGIMG_3374.JPGIMG_3375.JPG

Some things for your attention

• The scrolling isn't fluid, but I expected that
  • The format of the toast notification sent to the Pebble is a Facebook type and therefore not a true one
  • It WORKS in the background too, but the app needs to be running in the background
  • It is inconsistent, and can sometimes not send it to the Pebble
  • I haven't tried Music Controls
  • Email is proper
  • App sometimes crashes while selecting and deselecting apps from the Apps tab

So, what do you think guys? I'm really excited about how this app will pan out :smile:

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Save the APPX. Post a guide to help Pebble owners.

However, given the expanded Bluetooth profile support (Message Access Protocol and General Attribute Protocol) in WP8.1 Update 2, it may be possible Pebble notifications can integrate in other ways.

ksbanderson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting "Error - Package could not be registered" using the appx that Rubino posted today. Someone from another thread said it will eventually work if you keep pressing deploy.....
I've been pressing it for a while now........... ZzZzZz..... :(

Any ideas?

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting "Error - Package could not be registered" using the appx that Rubino posted today. Someone from another thread said it will eventually work if you keep pressing deploy.....

Any ideas?

Rename the .zip to .appxbundle

Darth litku

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site

Any ideas?

Experiencing this also...

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

Any ideas?

Check if your phone is developer unlocked. If it is, then open the appx deployer. And keep pressing deploy, it will eventually deploy the app

And yes, both the deployer and phone should be 8.1.

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Save the APPX. Post a guide to help Pebble owners.

However, given the expanded Bluetooth profile support (Message Access Protocol and General Attribute Protocol) in WP8.1 Update 2, it may be possible Pebble notifications can integrate in other ways.

Daniel already did so I guess, I alerted him about it but no mention of my name :(

zach shaw1

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Check if your phone is developer unlocked. If it is, then open the appx deployer. And keep pressing deploy, it will eventually deploy the app

And yes, both the deployer and phone should be 8.1.

I followed this advice,
but I get another error.
it says the package signature is not valid, or the WP manifest file is invalid.
Then it tells me to re-sign with a vaid signature and fix the manifest file. :/

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I followed this advice,
but I get another error.
it says the package signature is not valid, or the WP manifest file is invalid.
Then it tells me to re-sign with a vaid signature and fix the manifest file. :/

Just keep clicking it, no errors on my 525. I really hope your device is dev unlocked and with the latest updates along with at least Cyan firmware.

cz9h3d

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
No Text notifications

My Pebble is not notifying me of text messages.....email is working...phone calls are working.
Any thoughts??

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
did anyone upload a copy of pebble appx? or another link? i missed the chance of downloading it

The link to it in the store, you can select to download it manually. It's the same version that everyone else is using.

Any ideas?

MAKE SURE your on the newest version of the SDK, you need to be on VS 2013 with SP4 and the 8.1 SDK, If not, you will get this error. It wont be able to read APPX files. When I tried to install it, I had VS 2012 installed, so I had to upgrade it to 2013, download the update to release 4, then install the 8.1 SDK (NOT THE 8.0, it will not install). If you don't have this, plan on it not to install.

I got it installed last night, Now to test it out for the next few days, so far, calls, emails and texts come through the watch, I am wondering what the hit will be on the battery. If it's major, then I will have give up.

I picked mine up for $63 (new from best buy), I wanted to give it a solid test to see if I like the fact of having a smart watch. If I do, when a better option comes along I will upgrade.

I guess I would like a microphone in it so cortana can hear me better (phone in pocket) and color display would be nice with out the battery hit(7 days battery life is big)....

So far so good....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077