Garmin Smartwatches/Powerwatches (Fenix 3 user here)

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a Garmin Fenix 3 to replace my Forerunner 110. I wanted to stick with garmin because of my familiarity with its accuracy in GPS. I got it Friday and so far have used it for Cycling. Although I'm a runner, that's why I bought it, I still have to go for a run with it. LOL. It's a jump in terms of features... Not to mention it's a pretty dang good looking watch. It's quite a splurge so but being a self coaching marathoner it's worth the investment. Unfortunately Garmin doesn't seem to have any plans to release an app for Windows Phone. Thankfully it can do wifi uploads of activities... For my workaround I had the phone's internet sharing/thethering SSID and password stored in the watch so when I finish my activity I just turn my phone internet sharing on and connect the Fenix. I then use the mobile website of Garmin Connect to check my stats. This however doesn't let me use the other connected features like live-tracking, notifications, music controls and other nice stuff. I did buy it primarily for the training features tho... Any other Garmin users here? The Epix has been announced and it's even more feature packed (but I'd still prefer the look of the Fenix line).

Penguwin

VR Expert
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Not a Garmin user myself, but I'm liking the device. The support for multiple smartphone platforms does seem to be an issue tho. Good trick on getting your info thru the tethering option!

Let us know how you like your new investment once you've played with it more.

Last edited:

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I have the Fenix 3 for a couple of weeks now, and I'm really liking it. Also have the Band and am currently using them both. Garmin's lack of support for WP is one of the primary reasons why I switched back to Android from WP. Love WP, but unless and until it becomes as universally accepted as Android/IOS, its just too hard a battle for me to fight.

Ketan Pandya

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I own fenix 3. I have been using mostly for my strength workout/activities which its not designed for :). However, I'm seriously planning to start running (short then moderate distance only) for fitness purpose and bit of cycling/swimming. I hope we get the WP version of GC soon. I've had a wifi network from my phone added to the watch. however, it seems its using my home wifi most of the time, everyday post the activity, I take about 5-7 minutes to reach home and my fenix 3 updates it using my home wifi just fine. I hope they add more watch faces/apps, pedometer is same story everywhere/every brand so not much complaining about it.

aismail87

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I've had the Fenix 3 for a couple weeks and I've yet to find a way to incorporate my strength and weight training activities to the watch. How did you use it for your training? IQ App? Or intervals? Any help would be great thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven