Smartwatch / gps for kids

Theonlyix

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if there is a any smartwatches for kids that can be tracked or connected to windows phone or win 10? Even of only through browser

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Theonlyix
Anyone know if there is a any smartwatches for kids that can be tracked or connected to windows phone or win 10? Even of only through browser

I haven't come across any smart watches specifically for youngsters. I find them a bit pricey for mine to run around with, lol.

Fitbit do the Alta, which is still pricey, but has all the functions. They also have the charge. The cheapest they do doesn't have a watch on it. That's the flex.

There are quite a few listed on Amazon etc which will pair with windows PC etc, but you have to be careful as, with most things, you get what you pay for. Saying that, there are many that will run in W10 PC, but you will need a machine with Bluetooth to connect. There are some cheap ones on Ebay that sync using a built in USB 2 connect it in the strap. AVOID THEM. My daughter had one and she apparently took 12000 steps whilst on the sofa with a broken leg!!!

I have had a fee Fitbits, but I am not an employee nor am I associated with them. They just work and the Win10 app is very good. I currently have the Blaze, but I wouldn't recommend one for youngsters, maybe teens are OK.

I hope that helps. If you need anymore info let me know.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of any kids-oriented smartwatches (they're still a pricey category for a decent one IMO), let alone any for Windows Phone that allow location tracking.

A fitness tracker like a FitBit may be an alternative but it's not particularly "smart."

I think GPS tracking may need to be service provider based or a standalone device.

Theonlyix

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Im gonna look Into fitbit , but ive seen several watches for kids that maybe arent considered smart but still can be tracked with apps on phones. Havent found one yet for wp though. id settle with that function if there is one. Any idea?

zrneitrajce

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I am buying a Fitbit for my teenage daughter as a birthday present. Which models will work with her Lumia 640? I read somewhere that the Alta will not connect to Windows Mobile properly. Is this true?

If not Fitbit, what else works with Windows Mobile? Perhaps Microsoft Band 2...but some say that it really is bulky and not recommended for a girl with small hands...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte