Has anyone been able to connect a Android smartwatch to his windows phone?

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Really want to buy a real smart watch, am not the band kinda guy, but here on windows we don't have options when it comes to smartwatches, but I hear that some android smart watches work with windows phone, so has any one tried it?

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Has any been able to connect an android smartwatch to his/her windows phone

As far as I know this isn't possible. If there is functionality of any sort it would be very limited.

This may have come about during the time when W10 would run Android apps. This capability no longer exists.

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know this isn't possible. If there is functionality of any sort it would be very limited.

This may have come about during the time when W10 would run Android apps. This capability no longer exists.

Well I actually saw a video where a dude was able to connect it to his phone a Lumia 640 running windows 8.1 and he was able to place a call with it

wout dorny

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
"Across platform, the Anniversary Update will bring Action Center notifications to Android devices through the Cortana app, which means that you'll be able to complete certain tasks right from your phone. Another feature coming is the ability to reply text messages from an Android headset using a Windows 10 computer."

There are some smartwatches with full android (Haier smartwatch or Chinese smartwatches like No.1 D5). Maybe this way it is possible to get notifications from SMS, Facebook, WhatsApp,...?

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Consider using a pebble with the Pebble Time Manager app. You need the sideloading version: http://ptm.meusesoft.com/ Also worth noting that not all the features work properly but you should at least be able to get notifications running.

Also, some smartwatches, such as the vector, work fine without any serious fidgeting.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Consider using a pebble with the Pebble Time Manager app. You need the sideloading version: http://ptm.meusesoft.com/ Also worth noting that not all the features work properly but you should at least be able to get notifications running.

Also, some smartwatches, such as the vector, work fine without any serious fidgeting.

The Pebble time app does not have all notifications. If you want the No-Frills smartwatch that works good, go with the classic or Steel pebble and use the Pebble Notifcations app that you have to sideload.

I went over the the dark side with Android but, Still wish there was more options for Windows Phone.

I dumped my Band 2 and got the special ed of the Pebble Time....waiting for it to come in..

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
The Pebble time app does not have all notifications. If you want the No-Frills smartwatch that works good, go with the classic or Steel pebble and use the Pebble Notifcations app that you have to sideload.

That's why I brought up the sideloading version in the first place.

Anyway, the "normal" version now handles notifications without fuss, and doesn't give you grief installing watchfaces and apps either. Still needs a LOT of polish, but it's amazing how much the guy accomplished over the summer.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
That's why I brought up the sideloading version in the first place.

Anyway, the "normal" version now handles notifications without fuss, and doesn't give you grief installing watchfaces and apps either. Still needs a LOT of polish, but it's amazing how much the guy accomplished over the summer.

I used the Sideloaded Pebble app (Microsoft one) for about a year or so, with a Standard Pebble, then upgraded to a Pebble Steel. The app is flakey, but, once you get it set, leave it alone and it works really well and got ALL NOTIFICATIONS. Not like 3rd party apps that can not access a lot of MS notifications. It is the ONLY one that fully works with the standard pebble on Windows Phone

I moved to the Pebble Time.... Color, 7-10 day battery life (have gotten 9 days before I dropped on the changer, it didn't die on me). And even step/sleep tracking...and Voice replies to texts (and it actually works, not like the Band 2 that was always hit or miss)

I don't miss my Band 2 AT ALL...in fact I am glad I got rid of it... I got a nice looking WATCH (not a fitness band) and I don't even worry about battery life any more... I charge it on the weekends...If I need to.

Of course the ONLY way to do this is to move to a Android device.. sigh...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon