- 04-30-2012, 11:35 AM #1
Hello all :)
New to WP7, so I apologize if i'm in the wrong spot or making a multi post (I ran through the pages first to make sure). I want to dev-unlock my phone to access more homebrew options. I looked for a sticky or a XDA guide for the process, but came up empty. Looking for a great starting point to get this process going. Thanks in advance.
- 04-30-2012, 08:43 PM #3
hey try this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/os-...ion/187396.htm
Note: Cheveron maybe the cheapes way to go but its soon being dissable if it hassent alredy , and if u got a chip they are re-locking ur phone.If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!
05-01-2012, 03:06 AM #5
- 112 Posts
Just keep watching the XDA forums.
When (if?) somebody finds a way to unlock the Lumia 900, it will be such big news that you will find it all over the place, impossible to miss.
There is always that official Microsoft 99 Dollars per year route. Yes, that's serious money, and yes maybe it's just "wrong" to have to pay such a high amount to just load one's own apps to one's own phone, but right now that's the way it is...
- 05-06-2012, 09:34 PM #6
I've posted about this on the AppHub but I'm willing to guess I'm not the only one stuck here.
I had unlocked my phone using ChevronLabs and thought I had also applied interop unlock (HTC Surround 7.1 7720 4.5 bootloader V1 Mango drivers (I think)). Phone relocked recently relocked and I have not been able to unlock it again.
I uninstalled/reinstalled Zune and developer tools, registered with AppHub figuring I could be unlocked for another year and be refunded the $99. Even though Zune is synced and I am signed in I cannot unlock the device using the phone registration tool. Before you ask yes I have tried on another pc. I have not changed my IP. I am now using Windows7 machines with 64bit os.
A weird thing I'm finding are different errors in the event logs. On the laptop O find error code 0x800700d8 .NET Runtime Optimization Service failed to compile and I the desktop I find "The VSS service is shutting down due to idle timeout". Both machines display fail to connect error in registation tool. I have even tried running as administrator on the desktop.
I am stymied and all because I took some interest in coding and customizing. I'd probably still be running the old desktop but I couldn't install 7.1 SDK on it as it could not be upgraded past 2GB RAM.