need to go from att phone to straight talk

kayteerose88

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having problems with setting up my new phone. I have the sims card in place for the htc tilt 2. The sims card installed the phone number for straight talk for me. However I cannot get to any internet functions. It is telling me to change my apn settings but everytime I try too it still does not connect. Can anybody help me?

IT gives me this information for the apn reset
Create a new APN with the following values:

APN Name: Straight Talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS Port: 80

Delete the current APN from your phone.
Reboot your phone.

but I cannot put in the mmsc, the mms proxy or the mms port information (which i am certain I need in order to connect to straight talk in the first place)>
I can get texts (no picture messages), and i can send text, but i need to get the internet for this phone. somebody help me please!

86ipods

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
APN settings Windows Phone

I have a Samsung Focus on Straight Talk and the only way I was able to get MMS working was through root access so I could manually edit carrier settings xml. If you add a new apn and enter att.mvno in the 'APN' row and leave everything else blank, you will have everything except for MMS working. To get MMS working is a little complicated. XDA is the place to look for tutorials on how to do it.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about the process I went through

-86ipods

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos