Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    Hey all, quick question that I couldn't come up with anything for. Can a dev unlocked WP8 device use a micro SIM from any carrier? Or is the carrier locking a whole different thing?

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    no, that's carrier unlock and requires a code from your OEM or carrier to use other SIMs. I think you can call ATT and get a code for that Focus S if it is the phone in question.

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    Unfortunately it is my 920 in question. I called in before I bought it and they told me they would make unlock it, but after I buy it the story changed of course. I am spending the winter overseas and need to use my phone with a regional carrier.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    well, never listen to anything you are told in pre sales. They will tell any lie to get you to buy. I'd take it back and get a 920 overseas. It will be truly unlocked there.

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    Yea, I think I will return this to MS store and buy one in Russia in two weeks.