- 01-13-2013, 07:53 PM #1
I'm switching to a Verizon Unlimited Plan in two weeks and I was wondering about tethering my plan without paying $60/month (I have two lines).
And, I've found a way to enable tethering without the plan, but I'm going to test it before I say anything else.
Just didn't want to have people feel like there's no hope-I'M 90% SURE THIS WILL WORK.
I'll be getting an 8X and an 822 for testing.
- 02-26-2013, 10:14 PM #5
Verizon had to pay a $1.25 million fine to the FCC last August because "The Man" pimp-slapped Big Red and told them they couldn't block tethering apps. Just like airspace is doled out to the airlines by the FAA, spectrum is leased to mobile carriers. In other words, it ain't theirs to regulate.
- 02-26-2013, 10:40 PM #6
The FCC said they can't block the app. That doesn't mean Verizon can't penalize you for breaking the TOS. I can't speak intelligently about the WP8 phone you wish to purchase but I do know that Android and webOS phones use firstname.lastname@example.org for data transmission.
- By iPaid2Much in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 8Last Post: 09-28-2013, 08:01 PM
- By Lundon44 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 10-23-2012, 10:20 PM
- By emt147 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 4Last Post: 08-27-2012, 03:16 PM
- By bradleyj in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 3Last Post: 07-20-2012, 12:22 PM
- By rimberries in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 3Last Post: 12-03-2011, 10:08 AM