Bye bye phone unlocking!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The carriers can now do through litigation what they couldn't do through intimidation, keep you on their contract. I'm guessing that people are not scared of the threat of ETFs or bad credit marks so the carriers lobbied to get this through. Let's face it, the only people affected are those who are still contractually obligated. Buy a used phone on eBay or Craigslist and you can legally unlock it. The funny thing is that the Librarian found that unlocking a phone is akin to altering the firmware but doesn't think jailbreaking alters the FW. This absence of logic would make Mr. Spock's head explode if you ask me.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If I was to purchase an android device and unlock it. How would I be found out?
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Somebody would rat you out to the new Phone Czar. In which case the old axiom of "snitches get stitches" would play out. Or, carriers would have some minimum wage monkeyf**k cross-checking IMEI numbers on the databases, call da fuzz and throw you in the slammer.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Somebody would rat you out to the new Phone Czar. In which case the old axiom of "snitches get stitches" would play out. Or, carriers would have some minimum wage monkeyf**k cross-checking IMEI numbers on the databases, call da fuzz and throw you in the slammer.

Wow that's something. And for the minimum wage monkey f**k, there is a job for that?

Also can I argue that I purchased it that way?
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.
My iphone is blocked by orenge ,how can i unlock this .Please help me out.
An immediate response would be highly appreciated.

I don't know how things are done on the other side of the pond, but here in the colonies you have to call your carrier and politely ask them to provide the SIM unlock code because you'll be traveling abroad. If you've been on the contract for over 6 months and you've paid on time, they usually grant your request.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Here in Brazil is not legal lock a phone since you've bought It so anyone(porting the invoice) can unlock it's phone. But was really a great fight to get this law approved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddacker