Is it possible to install Android On Samsung Ativ S?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
re:

Is there a way to root Samsung Ativ S and install Android? The specs are similar to Galaxy S.

Why on earth would you be asking this audience a question like that?

Not so much as its a WP forum but 99.9% of us are not developers/hacks/or the like. How the **** should/would we know the answer?

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
re:

He had a point you come to a strange place to ask that question. The answer is no. And I don't believe it will be possible.
I hope it will never be the case for windows phone to be rooted. This just invites piracy and nothing more. All my friends with iphone have it jailbreak just so they could pirate apps. No one I know with android has ever bought an app just because it's so damn easy to pirate one. This is the last thing any platform needs.

In my opinion the ability to root such a personal device(smartphone) only invites security risks. While many smartphone hackers are genius in their own right I don't believe they have the expertise to thinker with an os. And people installing custom roms only invite trouble in the end

Last edited by a moderator:

mr_lysgaard

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
re:

He had a point you come to a strange place to ask that question. The answer is no. And I don't believe it will be possible.
I hope it will never be the case for windows phone to be rooted. This just invites piracy and nothing more. All my friends with iphone have it jailbreak just so they could pirate apps. No one I know with android has ever bought an app just because it's so damn easy to pirate one. This is the last thing any platform needs.

In my opinion the ability to root such a personal device(smartphone) only invites security risks. While many smartphone hackers are genius in their own right I don't believe they have the expertise to thinker with an os. And people installing custom roms only invite trouble in the end

This is a good answer, but if I could not ask about this here there was no place to ask :)

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
re:

I agree with your statement, but not all people who install custom ROMs or root their devices do it for the sole purpose of pirating a few applications or games. Rooting and custom ROMs help to open up the actual capabilities of your device, as well as provide features that said device couldn't have had. Sure, any rooting of your device opens up security risks and important system partitions that can alter your phone's performance, but that's why only the more knowledgeable smartphone crowd are aware of these aftermarket modifications.

In this case, WP is basically free from the pirating of apps, since most applications for WP (.XAP's) are already encrypted and will not run without the necessary security permissions the official marketplace provides when downloading an application there.

In short, software modifications CAN lead to application piracy, but it's not always directly affiliated with such an act.

mr_lysgaard

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
re:

I have been with the xda "development" since htc diamond. But it tought is should ask in these forums and I will stop asking question about this in these forums.

Rooting and hacking over at the xda is not about breaking any piracy rules. Is only about making your phones better. Either it is longer lasting battery, quicker phones, getting rid of bugs the os manufacture's don't care about and of course the variety to choose what runs on your phone. Making the OS smaller, delete languages you will never use. Delete apps you will never use. Get a rock solid device with the os of your preferences with the side load, background tasks and programs you want.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
re:

I agree with your statement, but not all people who install custom ROMs or root their devices do it for the sole purpose of pirating a few applications or games. Rooting and custom ROMs help to open up the actual capabilities of your device, as well as provide features that said device couldn't have had. Sure, any rooting of your device opens up security risks and important system partitions that can alter your phone's performance, but that's why only the more knowledgeable smartphone crowd are aware of these aftermarket modifications.

In this case, WP is basically free from the pirating of apps, since most applications for WP (.XAP's) are already encrypted and will not run without the necessary security permissions the official marketplace provides when downloading an application there.

In short, software modifications CAN lead to application piracy, but it's not always directly affiliated with such an act.

Custom ROM-ing is never affiliated with pirating. No one ever will say such a thing. But that what the result it. XAPs are encrypted but as soon as you can root the device and get the certificate the encryption becomes useless.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
re:

I have been with the xda "development" since htc diamond. But it tought is should ask in these forums and I will stop asking question about this in these forums.

It's not that you did something wrong but you choose a wrong audience for your question in terms of knowledge.

mr_lysgaard

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
re:

Buy a Galaxy S3, it's almost the same thing.The only difference is the OS, the buttons and a barely noticeable difference in the size.

Allready have S3. I like Android but I would prefer a wp8 version with more customization. I bought my ativ s in hope of being finished with tweaking own roms and use hours on my phone making it perfect, only to find things that should be standard in every phone is missing (for now that is)

mr_lysgaard

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
re:

It's not that you did something wrong but you choose a wrong audience for your question in terms of knowledge.

I know that now but that was not the problem by the first answers. My problem came when let's say I visited a city I have never visited before, and someone ask me for directions. Instead of telling them in a normal way that I do not know, and I have never been here before, I tell them to **** off "between the lines that is"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz