Need suggestions on app idea - FIND IT

mvpspl619

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am creating my first WP8 app(First app in general sense too) named FIND IT. It is a simple augmented reality app which shows you the direction in which different places are.

For example, if you go hiking and want to save your base camp location, then you can just add it up in my app. Then as you continue your trek, if you are lost and want to know in which direction your base camp is, then my app shows you in augmented reality. You can even use it to add any other location anywhere on the globe and see in which direction it is. The possibilities are endless.

The real problem is, I feel that I can do much more with this app. But I am stuck.

So I took to WPCentral, the best place for WP lovers. I sincerely ask you to give me some valuable suggestions and comments on my app idea and the possible features that I can add to make it even more better.

Note: The app development is complete. I have a working prototype. Just adding some visual customization. :love:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by "augmented reality" in that does the UI just show you like a compass and a direction?

If it is, then adding a City Lens like experience where you hold your phone in front of your face and it shows you your marker would be a pretty cool feature.

mvpspl619

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I call it AR because my visual elements overlay on the camera feed. The place of the name you are looking for will show up on your screen when you point your phone in that direction. Its not simple compass.

And yeah I can implement stuff like City Lens, but what I say is that city lens is already there. What difference do I make by creating another city lens ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans