How are devs earning with Windows Phone?

frarsoftware

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm what said by Hextor_PL. In the month of december PubCenter fill-rate and eCPM are not bad. I use also AdDuplex for cross-promotion.

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to use ads though. As a user I hate ads. They almost always get in the way. And look so ugly never go along with the app. I'd rather have people do a donation or something.

Hisham mubarak

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to use ads though. As a user I hate ads. They almost always get in the way. And look so ugly never go along with the app. I'd rather have people do a donation or something.

You better try to make paid apps... Its the better way to earn money in windows phone store... If your app does have quality it will get noticed..... Best of luck

grosssmutttr

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I use a free app model with AdMob as ad provider.
In addition I always insert the possibility to remove the ads via in-app purchase.

In some apps I only use In-App-Purchases.
If you think about selling your app via paid model it is very hard because you have to spend lots of money in marketing.

Philippe Maes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've earned a lot on Windows Phone in 2014 thanks to my two big apps "Cal" and "OneMusic", as you can see:

earnings.png
But recently, PubCenter has very good eCPM and fillrate, especially in the US.
I'm currently working on a very big update for OneMusic, which will be free and include ads.

SasinAndrey

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I have published my game on this week and I will write about result after few weeks. Also, If it's interesting for you, I can write compare of Windows Phone version with Android and iOS.

Meteyy

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
It's different. I'm using PubCenter and I have app with 500 downloads and i'm earning 0,1 - 0,2$ per day. My next app has about 2k downloads and I'm earning about 0,02$ per day :/ Now i added iAP so i hope that it will better o_O

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
For My Car Log I've been using PubCenter and for the last 12 months have the following statistics:
Estimated Revenue: $4.89
eCPM: $0.55 (May 2015 is $1.14, April 2015 was $0.51)
Requests: 10,859
Fill Rate: 82.42%

That's with only about 400 downloads with a use of a few times a week at most because of the nature of the app.

I have not had any experience with IAP or straight out purchase apps on the Windows Store, but on the iOS store released [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/thumbs-up-trivia/id984937254?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]Thumbs Up Trivia[/URL] as an app purchase and have seen about $40 in sales.

But that's about as apples and oranges of a comparison as you can get so...

Chris Lee8

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
sell the game for 20p pence. or something.

people will be more likely to buy it
you'll earn from each copy sold more than ad revenue.

JurePurgar

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I've released my first app last week. It uses in-app purchase with two options: premium features (like live tile, etc) for 2 $ and a contributor option (premium features + user can be listed under contributors in about page) for 10 $. I made 200$ in one month with 1500 downloads. 9 people purchased the contributor option.

carraig

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I've had my game (paid w/free trial) in the WP store for about a month.
I've had 2 purchases (both from people I know), and 3 trial downloads.
I tried spending $10 on Bing ads - 25000 displays, which gave around 140 clicks, and 0 downloads.
I have also tried making the game free, which didn't change anything.

Threezool

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Just put a app up on the market, its nothing special so are planing to let it be a free app but some time making money from a app would be nice. So its informative to see all these different experiences with monetization to help plan my own moves later on.

LeadStory

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm a BlackBerry developer and thinking of developing apps for the Windows phone platform. just want to hear from some devs how you guys doing with this platform. Thank you. :)

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

I've always made money using paid apps (typically 0.99), but recently started messing with ads/IAPs, and it seems that i'm going to be reversing course at the rate that things seem to be going in reguards to fill rate.

Vittorio Vaselli

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I develop for windows phone since three year ago. All my apps are free with ads.
I have:
-2 apps
-2 games
-about 20k downloads
-about 240k impressions
-about 60€ of total revenue(AdMob/PubCenter)

I do it for hobby, the apps in the CV helped me to find a job in the development field, otherwise develop for windows phone is not a good choise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa