06-27-2013 09:19 AM
- Has anyone heard anything more from Sprint on their Windows Phone 8 offerings? I ask because my mother-in-law is on Sprint and is due for an upgrade, and she really likes my Lumia 920. However she want to stay with Sprint, because she like's their unlimited family plan. So any news floating around there that I haven't spotted by doing a Google search?03-05-2013 07:36 AM
- They haven't really said anything concrete. They did say it would be this year but as far as I know they have not come out with any specific dates which is why I ditched them and went to AT&T and now own a L920. :)
That being said... The difference in data speed and call quality is ridiculous (for my area, I know coverage depends on where you live). I live in a small town and went from 1mbps download speed with Sprint to 8 mbps download speed with AT&T. Also I don't have to stand in a particular spot in my apartment anymore to make a call. Convince your grandma. :P
I was also looking forward to having a phone that uses GSM instead of CDMA technology. That being said I think it is pretty ridiculous AT&T charges $36 for phone activations when if you're activating a new phone the only thing you do is switch the freaking sim card. Unless I am wrong about that... Still learning about AT&T and their procedures.03-05-2013 08:38 AM
- They said that they would release something this summer and promised a phone from HTC as well as Samsung, but they have been very quiet since then. I am also on Sprint and I am really hoping that Nokia and Sprint surprise us all and release a Lumia device! I know that it is a major stretch, but hey, I can dream.03-05-2013 02:25 PM
- I've been holding out as well, but I can't stand Samsung, and I have recently heard that HTC will not be offering a high end Windows phone, and I don't like the 8X, so I might make the move to AT&T, which is a shame, because I have been with Sprint for so long. Oh well.
I don't think a Sprint/Nokia phone is in the works for the foreseeable future.03-05-2013 02:40 PM
- They said that they would release something this summer and promised a phone from HTC as well as Samsung, but they have been very quiet since then. I am also on Sprint and I am really hoping that Nokia and Sprint surprise us all and release a Lumia device! I know that it is a major stretch, but hey, I can dream.
In all honesty I don't see a Nokia device in Sprint happening from what I have read. I think they are stuck with HTC and Samsung. As much as I want other manufacturers to do well to push Nokia they are just not close. Or at least that's my opinion.
Just today, the amount of announcements of changes coming from Nokia is pretty awesome.03-05-2013 03:19 PM
- Wish Sprint would come out and give us a update on things my device on it's last leg and would really like to get the Ativ S if that what they are getting. I know they are really pushing the HTC One which is a nice device but for us WP users we need to get more feedback from them.04-12-2013 02:56 PM
- Not yet. It wasn't scheduled for release until this summer, so I don't expect any word until June...end of May at the earliest. I'm waiting too. I always thought that they were waiting for Blue release to show it off with the release since there supposed to be some "partnership" showing for this release.05-15-2013 09:43 AM
- Not yet. It wasn't scheduled for release until this summer, so I don't expect any word until June...end of May at the earliest. I'm waiting too. I always thought that they were waiting for Blue release to show it off with the release since there supposed to be some "partnership" showing for this release.05-15-2013 11:18 AM
- I have been a loyal windows phone and sprint customer since the palm pre. I've had my htc Arrive for almost two years. My contract is up in two weeks. With no Nokia devices and Samsung seeming like they won't support Windows phone 8 like they do with their galaxy line. Would you suggest I jump to Verizon or T-Mobile for the 928 or 925?05-15-2013 12:46 PM
- 05-15-2013 04:22 PM
- Actually, what the announcement said on January 7th, Sprint would be releasing a windows 8 phone "by" summer, not in the summer. As usual they are completely dragging their feet and being stupid. My arrive was having issues so I took it in, they replaced it. My replacement didn't work from the day I got it, so they replaced it. The replacement for the replacement didn't work so they replaced that one too. Took me 3 weeks to get a working phone because of their vast incompetence. (seriously on the returns, have they ever heard of quality control?). So somebody please tell me why I am clinging to hope for what will no doubt be second rate phones when they are finally announced? This is beyond ridiculous, it is incompetence. just like they completely bungled Windows Phone 7 and blamed the incredible phone. That 8X and the 920 and now the 928 are looking like great choices. We are getting (eventually someday maybe) a 3rd rate HTC and a top of the line Samsung... that was released 6 months ago in Europe. I can barely contain my excitement... hmmm... think the 928 is supposed to hit Verizon tomorrow.05-15-2013 11:34 PM
- I have been a loyal windows phone and sprint customer since the palm pre. I've had my htc Arrive for almost two years. My contract is up in two weeks. With no Nokia devices and Samsung seeming like they won't support Windows phone 8 like they do with their galaxy line. Would you suggest I jump to Verizon or T-Mobile for the 928 or 925?05-16-2013 10:12 AM
- Right they said "by" Summer and not "before" Summer. That means that it can be anytime during the Summer. This is why I expect more news in the coming weeks. I can't speak to your replacement issues, since my replacements have always gone well over the many years I've been with Sprint. I'm waiting because I like what I'm paying for my Unlimited Plan and I actually want the ATIV S (or whatever variant) and what it offers. I will never knock someone's choice to jump ship because the other offerings are outstanding devices and you can't really go wrong with any of them.05-16-2013 10:36 AM
- Actually "by summer" could mean anywhere between January 8th and the end of summer. It is a useless vague statement that means nothing. I have high hopes for the ATIV S, but being 6 months old, I don't know if it can compete with the Nokia 920, 925 or 928. I have been with sprint for 13 or 14 years and have only had one other replacement phone and that one was fine. I have loved sprint for a long time, but I started to get disenchanted when I had to wait 6 months after every other carrier had windows 7 to get the Arrive. Once I got the arrive I was happy because I love the phone. The wait would maybe be a little better if I could upgrade to 7.8. but here we are again, already 6 months after all other carriers and still no release date while one great phone after another is announced on other carriers. I cant help but think we are going to be disappointed.05-16-2013 11:26 PM
- Well that is sales and marketing for you...never be held down to a commitment if you aren't 100% certain. I have been with Sprint also since the early BB and even Nextel days. I have gotten used to the waits now. The android releases are much quicker now though. I love my contract(s) over the years and now that LTE is in my area, I'm don't have a reason to leave. I can wait another few weeks after waiting this long.05-17-2013 11:33 AM
- Well that is sales and marketing for you...never be held down to a commitment if you aren't 100% certain. I have been with Sprint also since the early BB and even Nextel days. I have gotten used to the waits now. The android releases are much quicker now though. I love my contract(s) over the years and now that LTE is in my area, I'm don't have a reason to leave. I can wait another few weeks after waiting this long.05-18-2013 10:04 PM
- Have had my Arrive since launch. LTE won't be coming to my area for another year at least. I've contacted everyone I know to contact at Sprint about getting a release date and have gotten nothing but the "by Summer" answer. You would think that if they had something they would have officially announced it already. HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4 were announced and launched before any WP8 device. That's ridiculous.
If nothing is announced by the time the Lumia 925 is launched on T-mobile I will be heading to pinker pastures with their $30/mo. unlimited data & text plan.05-20-2013 02:23 PM
- My question: What do you all think are the chances of Sprint making an announcement for Windows Phones this week during CTIA? (my personal answer: slim, but possible)
As a previous Sprint rep (as recently as March), there was no internal mention of Windows Phone at ALL. If you were to ask a rep today about it, they probably know as much as we do if not less. DISCLAIMER: My previous stint with Sprint has ZERO impact on my thoughts and opinions mentioned below.
I'm also a Sprint customer (have been long before I worked for them) and I love the money I save every month on my plan. LTE probably won't be in my area any time soon (although there have been random pop ups of LTE in a city 10 miles to my west) so I'm not expecting blazing speeds soon. EVDO coverage has gotten better over the past year (I roam a LOT less) and Sprint was the only carrier locally that kept service kicking continuously during Superstorm Sandy. For the latter two points, I give them props.
I've been eligible for a new phone since last June (almost a year!) and have been holding out since. My contract ran up on Oct. 3rd, but here I am still waiting for a WP8 device. In previous years, this would be unthinkable of me to do, I'd upgrade usually on the day I could... but there's nothing else in the Sprint lineup that makes me want to jump ship from WP. I also can't justify the over $25/month more I would be paying to go to AT&T (and even more on Verizon) just for the device itself. I have no complaints with coverage and customer service has been good to me for the most part.
As a customer, I'm happy with Sprint (as rare as that is to hear). All I want is a concrete announcement of when I can expect to get my hands on a WP8 device (ATIV S?!) so I can stop going nuts. I love my HTC Arrive that I've had since launch, but it really is starting to show its age despite having a custom ROM on it. The only big perk of the phone is having a physical keyboard.
I hope to hear something from Sprint soon.05-21-2013 09:58 AM
- 05-21-2013 10:42 AMLike 1
- Maybe they'll announce it here http://wmpoweruser.com/samsung-to-an...-on-june-20th/05-27-2013 09:47 AM
- By AiR DEGETA in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 7Last Post: 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM
- By madhouse1616 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 16Last Post: 05-07-2012, 09:59 AM
- By Judge_Daniel in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 01-16-2012, 07:28 AM
- By lhunter1130 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
- By avaryj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 40Last Post: 11-13-2011, 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD