what do you use your surface laptop for ?

anas hamdan

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
The surface laptop is a great device wether your a student , business , or even a regular laptop user .

What is it that you think your surface laptop would be best for ?

For me it is studying, with it's battery life and portability , it is the perfect companion for a college student, and it even looks cool with all the colour options .

What do you think ?

overboard08

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'd have to get some hands-on time with it in order to assess weight differences between the laptop and my Pro 4. I love my Pro 4 and it's served me well the past 16 months. I'm also reassessing if the Pro 4 is the best device right now for my uses. I'm married, two kids, on active duty and getting my MBA online. The tablet form factor of the Pro 4 is really useful for taking notes from all my various sources and readings but I've found that sort of use is not as heavy as I thought it would be. Using OneNote and Office has been essential and I've been wondering more and more if a laptop form factor would be better for me.

Like I said, I'd have to go in and physically handle a laptop before making any decisions but I'm on the fence. The biggest thing too is Windows 10 S -- I'd probably have to upgrade to Pro, especially to run Steam games and other Win32 programs I need for school.

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm a college student as well and I think the battery life sounds like a lifesaver. Especially how if you close the lid it'll be right where you left off the next time you open it. There are so many times when I forget to throw my SP3 on the charger on Sunday and Monday rolls around and I have to find an outlet at school or just can't take notes in class. Sounds amazing.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I am a student as well and I would probably upgrade it to W10Pro right away, install Visual Studio, Steam and full Office suite. Next installation would be Netflix. I think that tells enough about my usage :p

VincentJoosh

May 13, 2017
Visit site
I'm a student 2nd year college, so I will use it mostly for doing researches and for my thesis.. And for media consumption,, especially WC videos on youtube.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
For studies definitely. A thin device with long battery life and zippy processor, I would use it at university. It comes in handy too in unsafe areas as its so thin thieves wouldnt be able to tell you have a laptop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6