How this laptop compares with the surface pro 4

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Okay so Surface Laptop is running Windows 10 S that only allows apps from MS Store though it's upgradable to Windows 10 Pro - Surface Pro 4 comes with Windows 10 pre-installed.

Surface Laptop supports touch and pen input - Surface Pro 4 supports touch and pen input though it has a kickstand that enhances the experience when using the pen on the screen as it prevents it from wobbling.

Surface Pro 4 has a detachable keyboard - Surface Laptop doesn't have a detachable keyboard.

Surface Pro 4 has an older Skylake CPU - Surface Laptop has a newer Kabylake CPU.

Those are the main differences to my knowledge, if you want to read more about it you can do that right here: How to pick between the Surface Laptop and Surface Pro 4 | Windows Central.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
User-wise I think the Laptop is for the all-round user doing a bit of everything. The surface pro 4 is for a smaller niche of people such as creatives (artists, architects etc) and frequent travelers.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
. The surface pro 4 is for a smaller niche of people such as creatives (artists, architects etc) and frequent travelers

I would disagree, because it can be very useful for students too for taking notes, or professionals that are a lot on the move as you already mentioned. Sure it can't replace your desktop gaming rig, but it's a powerful device and can replace your laptop (if you are not a gamer or do a lot of photo and video editing). Specs wise it's on par with Surface Laptop and I'd say I would get that before Surface Laptop (even though I'd be happy to have the laptop too, lol) because of the kickstand which makes it a lot easier to use the Surface Pen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss