Surface vs Macbook PRO 2017 - which is better for college?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
The majority of universities I am aware of use primarily windows, and windows software. For example the psychology degree I did, had numerous bits of windows software. Which would make a MacBook less useful (although you can use labs to do such work), and the surface laptop the go (with the free pro upgrade)

I would try and enquire at the university department, for the major you are doing, about what software they use.

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Definitely Surface. In developing countries particularly, the windows OS is best as it has a greater availability of programs and most people understand it well. Windows is also the go-to OS for schools, so if you stay outside the US then it would definitely be better for you to purchase a Microsoft device.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I would go with Surface, because the OS itself is more open than OSX and you can do all the work you would be able to do on a desktop PC with any Surface device (except for hardcore gaming), assuming you are going to upgrade Windows 10 S on the Surface Laptop to Windows 10 Pro version. The build quality is great because you should know that the purpose of Surface category @ Microsoft is to create beautiful, yet performant devices in all categories or inventing them.

It also costs less than an equivalent Apple device and performs better than those devices, if we believe the Surface Team statistics.

Also not to forget that it has touch and pen support unlike Mac, which can be useful for any kind of tasks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)