Is it the right time?

Rainar Angelo

May 13, 2017
Visit site
With rumors of the Surface Pro 5 on it's way is it really a good buy? I mean sure, one can say it's a good laptop but most of us would prefer (I assume) a Surface Pro over a Surface Laptop.
The timing of the release seems a bit inconvenient.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
With rumors of the Surface Pro 5 on it's way is it really a good buy? I mean sure, one can say it's a good laptop but most of us would prefer (I assume) a Surface Pro over a Surface Laptop.
The timing of the release seems a bit inconvenient.

Someone at MS said there would be no surface pro 5. Can't remember who, but I wouldn't count on a SP5 this year.

If I had to guess I'd say their next tablet will be running arm, and be mobility focused. Although no one has a CLUE, what the may 28 hardware is going to be, and it's supposed to be something quite new (which again shouldn't be sp5, but it might be some new kind of tablet I suppose)

kashgohel

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I am not entirely sure why Microsoft would do that, as I checked all configurations and the Surface Pro 4 seems cheaper (though an older processor) than the Surface Laptop, but I can only assume that the Surface Pro 5 will have a 7th gen Intel processor, hence will bring the price higher than the Surface laptop.

And maybe there are the clientele that prefer a hinge and a fixed keyboard rather than a detachable one. Who knows.

Jeffery Holderness

May 28, 2014
Visit site
As an owner of a SP3 for 2 years now I sometimes find myself thinking, I wish this was a little easier to write papers on a couch with. But with a laptop it wouldn't be that big of a deal. But with the Surface Laptop i would find myself wishing I had a better way to take notes in class besides typing or holding the screen with my other hand. It's a catch 22.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes