Battery Life - Windows 10 S Vs Windows 10 Pro

radinmv

May 17, 2017
Visit site
So Now that we know that battery life will pretty much be close to as advertised by Microsoft during the Press Con.

How much do you think will it vary with respect to the OS being upgraded.

This will sure be a point to consider for those folks considering to buy this device and upgrade later.

What are your thoughts ?

Pedro_MD11

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I believe that would depend on the non-Store apps you will run on it.
Also, it is likely MS will disable/remove several services on Windows 10 S that an average user wouldn't need like Program Compatibility Assistant Service, WMI, and maybe others.

radinmv

May 17, 2017
Visit site
I think Microsoft has not detailed yet the "closed" nature of the OS just yet to its fullest extent. Was there anything discussed about this during Build ?

Orlando Grillo

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Great question. It would be good if there was some sort of comparison. But I imagine that installation of software that does not keep running on the background when closed will have no impact. If the upgrade also enables services, it may have some impact. So, a comparison of both systems without any additional software installed may be relevant.

mook6_99

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
The differences are going to come in the fact that you are running apps that meet a certain standard. X86 applications don't have to adhere to any type of standard when they are created meaning they can run however much they want without them sleeping or being put into a lower powered state. While they are trying to build this into newer builds of Windows, it still isn't going to be as efficient as a store built application. Plus Windows Store apps don't leave behind .dll files that are going to all try to load up cause the laptop to both slow down and consume more battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon