Surface Laptop Wishlist

JohnnyRedLight

May 12, 2017
Visit site
So the screen wouldn't wobble when I would be using a pen and they would find some space for SD card reader beneath it like they did on Surface Pro 4.

I'm having trouble picturing what you mean? Like... as if the screen was the SP4 and the kickstand popped out of the back of the screen? Interesting...

Do you think they have it openning wide enough to use the pen comfortably? Kickstand or not.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm having trouble picturing what you mean? Like... as if the screen was the SP4 and the kickstand popped out of the back of the screen? Interesting...

Do you think they have it openning wide enough to use the pen comfortably? Kickstand or not.

Yes, exactly like on the Surface Pro 4.

You can see here at around 1:15:00 that it can be opened quite wide at least in my opinion that should be enough.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loZZLqC9BAg

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My wishlist will be the keyboard area made of a normal material like metal, plastic etc instead of Alcantara which will become messy after using for some years.

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I do wish it had a 360 hinge. Maybe USB-C/thunderbolt too for future-proofing, but not at the expense of USB-A.
And, colour options worldwide for all models! Come on, Microsoft...

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I would wish for a 360° hinge. I am currently using a Spectre x360 and I love the hinge.
I think, without the 360° hinge, the pen support is pretty useless.

An USB-Type C + Thunderbold port would be nice for charging, docking stations, etc... But I guess they had to surrender this to not anger too many partners (HP, Lenovo,...)

Msolok

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft has a good opportunity here to come out with some dongles using the Surface Connect port. Have a dongle to give us a number of USB-C ports, a dongle with some display out ports, and even a Mini Dock. My only disappointment with the Surface Laptop is the lack of ports, and I think Microsoft has a good opportunity to fix that.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft has a good opportunity here to come out with some dongles using the Surface Connect port. Have a dongle to give us a number of USB-C ports, a dongle with some display out ports, and even a Mini Dock. My only disappointment with the Surface Laptop is the lack of ports, and I think Microsoft has a good opportunity to fix that.

There already is a Surface Dock out there, however it doesn't come with USB-C ports (I slightly doubt it that it could be useful) but it does have gigabit ethernet port, more USB-A ports and a few Mini DisplayPorts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster