What would you do with a Thunderbolt?

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
As everybody surely knows, the Surface Laptop does not have a USB Type-C/Thunderbolt.

I am just wondering: is it only me who is waiting for something in the Surface Line that has it before I buy one?

To me it's crucial to my work (audio engineer), but it doesn't seem to be in Microsoft's plans for at least another iteration. In fact, even the latest leaked Surface Pro 2017 renders don't have a thunderbolt!! :angry:

Of course I would want one AND keep the charging connector as is, otherwise I would have to choose between charging my device or working with it :eck:

So, are you waiting for a Surface Laptop with thunderbolt as well? :smile:

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
It would be cool to have it so I could play around with external GPUs, other than that I don't really think I could use it for anything except maybe fast charging and transferring files to my phone.

DenDeMello

May 20, 2017
Visit site
Only thing I dislike about surface laptop is the lack of USB type-C. It might not be a big deal today, but Type C is growing wicked fast. Also lack of it is also making is less future proof !

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I dislike about surface laptop is the lack of USB type-C. It might not be a big deal today, but Type C is growing wicked fast. Also lack of it is also making is less future proof !

hello. i dont necessarily agree with usb-c growing "wicked fast". actually its been growing slower than i imagined. there are still no mouse, keyboard, usb flash drives, and other accessories with usb-c. of course, who knows what will happen in the near future.... these accessories could very well start popping up.

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
hello. i dont necessarily agree with usb-c growing "wicked fast". actually its been growing slower than i imagined. there are still no mouse, keyboard, usb flash drives, and other accessories with usb-c. of course, who knows what will happen in the near future.... these accessories could very well start popping up.

I wouldn't say there are not devices using them, because there are devices its just that they are a bit few. but considering the fact that new laptops are making the jump to USB C it don't think its going to be long before you will have a lot more of them.

PS: HP just launched the Spectre x2 with only USB C's and they are throwing in a free dock incase you need USB A.

anon(62000)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
As everybody surely knows, the Surface Laptop does not have a USB Type-C/Thunderbolt.

I am just wondering: is it only me who is waiting for something in the Surface Line that has it before I buy one?

To me it's crucial to my work (audio engineer), but it doesn't seem to be in Microsoft's plans for at least another iteration. In fact, even the latest leaked Surface Pro 2017 renders don't have a thunderbolt!! :angry:

Of course I would want one AND keep the charging connector as is, otherwise I would have to choose between charging my device or working with it :eck:

So, are you waiting for a Surface Laptop with thunderbolt as well? :smile:

Would be nice to see one on a Surface. My Dell Inspiron (15" starlord) has a USB-C port in addition to a few USB-A ports. I bought an adapter and use the C port for my powered hub, keeping the other ports free should I need to plug in a flash drive or other peripheral. My MPC Touch is also my audio interface, so USB-C isn't an absolute requirement....... YET. :)

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say there are not devices using them, because there are devices its just that they are a bit few. but considering the fact that new laptops are making the jump to USB C it don't think its going to be long before you will have a lot more of them.

PS: HP just launched the Spectre x2 with only USB C's and they are throwing in a free dock incase you need USB A.

hey there. if there are mouse or keyboard or flash drives that use usb-c then i stand corrected.
i havent come across any and i always browse different online stores.

Strike_1

May 23, 2017
Visit site
I would love to have a type c port since it is one of the best ways to use an external graphics card…plus faster transfer of data is important to me since I deal with huge amounts of data. The future versions must include thunderbolt! After all, it is the future!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs