Surface Phone/Book Combo concept (sketch)

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
So I did this sketch of a Surface Book/Phone Combo Device that I've been thinking of lately.
Screenshot (14).png

As shown in the sketch, there will be

- A slot for a slim Arc touch mouse that can be docked.

- A slot for the surface phone that can be docked and used for calls, cellular data, camera, extra CPU/GPU power.

- A continuum button for a similar experience of the HP lap dock. This is also perfect for low battery situations were you can use the phone low powered CPU/GPU to continue working with an extended battery life.

- A slot for a bluetooth ear piece to make/answer private calls.

What do you think guys?
Do you have any ideas for improvement?
Should the phone have an Intel Core M chip?

Also, This device is supposed to be a surface book (just like the one in the market, but with newer specs of course). The surface phone, however, can be docked into the surface book to add extra capability like calls, cellular data, camera, extra CPU/GPU power. The continuum button will make the surface book act as a lap dock for low power mode/extended battery life. So, this device has full windows 10 experience, or windows 10 mobile (continuum) for low power mode/extended battery life.

Don't Judge me on the sketch quality as I did it on OneNote.

Last edited:

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking of something similar: A revived/updated Courier with a dockable phone. Except the phone part is just that, not a "smartphone" but just a handset with a small enough screen for a dial pad/contacts/just phone stuff. It's "paired" with the Courier to provide connectivity. Maybe it can act as a remote, or touchpad as well.

krisskringle

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Why don't you put the phone on the bottom side and use it as track pad? Oh wait someone said that. okay.
The phone(=OLED track pad) would be as hot as a touch strip of some laptop which has fruit logo on its back.
Or you can just hook the phone as gyro mouse with Bluetooth or.. never mind.
How about some active heat sink in a phone docking slot to overclock the phone when it connected?
And some of entry level dedicated GPU would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb