capture.png
    Last edited by Indistinguishable; 12-31-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    12-31-2016 05:57 PM
    Somehow I'm reminded of this song by ol' blue eyes, Frank Sinatra:

"Just what makes that little old ant
    Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
    Anyone knows an ant, can't
    Move a rubber tree plant

But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
    He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes

So any time your gettin' low
    'Stead of lettin' go
    Just remember that ant
    Oops there goes another rubber tree plant"
    01-01-2017 02:22 PM
    Hmmm...
    Could this be talk about a pocketable connected micro-tablet type of thing?
    Maybe the Mobile Nations crew will get back from CES with more juicy rumors.
    01-01-2017 03:08 PM
    Just name it Mobile or OTG or something. As long as the name embodies the idea of a PC that you can take with you anywhere, truly mobile, then I'd have no quarrel with it.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-02-2017 01:22 AM
    So..... are we talking a 2017 launch of this new product? Because surely if they leave it any longer than that there won't be much of an audience left.
    01-02-2017 07:28 AM
    So..... are we talking a 2017 launch of this new product? Because surely if they leave it any longer than that there won't be much of an audience left.
    As this is going to be a new product category, there's no need to chase a deadline, most of the ppl who are looking for a new "phone" to replace their current phones will be disappointed, the leaks and rest of the articles around it are pretty much clear, the new device might have cellular capability but its not just a phone, it might be 1000-1200$ hybrid device, which few enthusiasts may buy, but would be out of reach for many who are looking for just a "phone", MS has been clear that they have given up on mobile. its time we accept n move on.
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    01-02-2017 11:35 AM
    I can't wait to see what they come up with but at the end of the day the platform still needs apps. While continuum for Win32 apps is interesting I would much rather see more robust options for UWP.
    01-02-2017 01:13 PM
    I can't wait to see what they come up with but at the end of the day the platform still needs apps. While continuum for Win32 apps is interesting I would much rather see more robust options for UWP.
    Which apps does it need?

Sent from mTalk
    01-02-2017 01:15 PM
    Microsoft Windows 10 Communicator
    01-02-2017 04:43 PM
    I'll go with Surface Mini
    01-05-2017 06:47 AM
    Just name it Mobile or OTG or something. As long as the name embodies the idea of a PC that you can take with you anywhere, truly mobile, then I'd have no quarrel with it.
    Love that name. OTG. Encompasses all of the things I think about when I think about a smart mobile device.
    Guytronic and Ariel Takom like this.
    01-05-2017 09:12 AM
    Love that name. OTG. Encompasses all of the things I think about when I think about a smart mobile device.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or you honestly like the idea, but since it's a new year, I'll try to remain optimistic, and so I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sorry if I come off as rude, I'm just used to sarcasm to the point that I can't immediately appreciate gestures from others rofl.
    01-08-2017 11:02 AM
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or you honestly like the idea, but since it's a new year, I'll try to remain optimistic, and so I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sorry if I come off as rude, I'm just used to sarcasm to the point that I can't immediately appreciate gestures from others rofl.

Sincerely meant it. We all know what it means but it's not a catch word normally used. I think it would be a good name for a new product area.

I'm known for being sarcastic but not this time. LOL
    Ariel Takom and Guytronic like this.
    01-08-2017 01:10 PM
    Doubt they will spend a lot of time on the name. When released if it becomes a hit and thereafter the norm the "phone" label will change with the device and its capabilities.
    01-08-2017 05:07 PM
    Whatever it is, if it's going to accept a carrier SIM it needs to be able to access carrier features. It may not be called a "phone", and it may indeed be more than just a "phone", but if it's going to have that functionality it needs to be fully-baked. None of the crap that kept me from buying a 950/XL.
    04-18-2017 09:45 PM
    How big is thing going to be? If they go with that tri-fold sketch from a few months ago, how do you put a case on that? Anything larger than a 6" display and you'll have a total failure on both ends. It'll be too large to function as an everyday "phone-like" device and too small to run the traditional Windows desktop. *hit's about to get real.
    04-19-2017 02:39 PM
    If they want to rename shoes as foot coverings I don't care, as long as its a phone device.

Twitter: @PhotographyET
    04-19-2017 02:53 PM
    How big is thing going to be? If they go with that tri-fold sketch from a few months ago, how do you put a case on that? Anything larger than a 6" display and you'll have a total failure on both ends. It'll be too large to function as an everyday "phone-like" device and too small to run the traditional Windows desktop. *hit's about to get real.
    If so it is not pocketable anymore. Also, unless it is some how got something everyone needs/wants folks may not drop that Idol 4s/Elite X3/x50 device in their pocket to get it. Or not at first maybe...
    04-20-2017 07:23 AM