Surface phone leaked?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
"I have no reason to believe those photos/images/renders...whatever...are legit.

We rarely post anything by NPU because they're all over the map on their leaks, etc. Lots of their 'exclusives' tend to be obvious things.

Considering no images have ever leaked of SP4, Book, or Studio before its release I find it hard to believe someone in China would have access to this device or what it looks like.

There's a reason why Microsoft hardware prints/makes prototypes in their own building and not China. We've all seen the tours. They can print hardware prototypes for any device including full computers frames. "

- Daniel Rubino

mapackard

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Lol. This video has been posted a lot of times, mate. Trust me, if a Surface device is on the works, it will not be leaked out. Look at the Microsoft Device launch where the Lumia 950/XLs are officially introduced. Nobody expected MS to come out with the Surface Book, and last year they came out with the Studio.

Trust me, Microsoft is playing the hype-game. I just hope that the Surface phone, if it ever becomes a reality, will not be plagued with software problems like the 950/XLs had during launch. Windows Phones were already having a bad reputation pre-W10M, and the release of the Lumia 950/XL with all their launch day bugs were the final nail in the coffin for consumers, causing many people to lose interest in W10M altogether.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
The robot voice in the video just makes everything so authentic. haha, I personally don't think it's a real leak of anything but its still nice to look at concept renders. Hopefully we do get something along the line that looks close to what the renders portray. :)_

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I was at my local MSFT dealer shop couple of days ago, the boss told me with some authority that the Surface Phone will be announced, in February. Next Month. 2017....
Yeah right...
I couldn't wait that long. So I got a 950XL, to tie me over until February arrives

... !!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a video of render images that have been on line for a few years now, just use google image.

Snapdragon 835 paired with MicroUSB because fast charge will not be important to the Surface team.

This is all hogwash !!!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I believe a Surface phone will someday be announced (more hoping than believe) but I question the video has actual pictures.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
What a useless thread and what an annoying video. It looks so fake. I've never understood why anyone bothers to make renders like that, totally pointless.
That thing looks like a 950 XL with Surface Pro edges, and those edges would not be so nice to hold on to with one hand the way you hold a phone. It works on a tablet because you hold it differently, with the thumb on the front.

The flash is usually placed above the lens in landscape orientation for a reason, I thought most people knew that. You could possibly put it on top in portrait orientation, although I would't like it. Placing the flash UNDER the lens in portrait orientation tells us how little this complete tool who made the pic knows about cameras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_criticism

Last edited:

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
What a useless thread and what an annoying video. It looks so fake. I've never understood why anyone bothers to make renders like that, totally pointless.

It's called click bait. Every view they get gives them more revenue for their channel even if they know what they posted is total BS.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
That looks amazing! Makes me very excited for Microsoft's comeback in their Windows Phones. These pictures may be renders but that's fine. It gives us a chance to visualize what their new phone lineup may possibly look like.

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
It's called click bait. Every view they get gives them more revenue for their channel even if they know what they posted is total BS.
I get that, but still find it hard to believe that it's worth it. Oh well, I have no idea of how much money they make anyway..

Alyeldiin

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
The video says nothing new, but merely repeats the rumours that have been circling the internet for years now. and I believe the "leaked" design is very similar too to what has surfaced (no pun intended) before, so, I call BS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro