Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

I'm in Bergen County, New Jersey and everything from data to call quality is excellent in the urban sprawl. Once you start moving too far north or west, the sapping of connectivity begins.If you're in the mountains traveling to see family on Christmas, better be sure to load some actual music on your phone or bring some cds. You'd be lucky to send a text or make a call.

Other than that particular scenario, I like the service. I have the unlimited 4G with a *gasp* Nokia Lumia 920 ;D.

I never had an issue up the mountains in NH of up-state Maine around moose head lake...But I have issues when I'm in a grocery store and have no bars.
    I love T-Mo in the Twin Cities. Good coverage in areas of town and never had a real problem. Only problem with T-Mo is the selection of devices here. Considering jumping ship to AT&T, but I am hesitant because T-Mo has been awesome to me.
    I live in SE Florida. Started with Voicestream/T-Mobile since 1998. Always on Nokia devices, 710 now. And I have never experienced a dropped call on my end. I've tried to get the service to drop and failed miserably. Now my sister on her AT&T iPhone is another story.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I live in San Antonio, TX and my coverage is great and data speeds are acceptable. Where coverage may be spotty we have UMA for WiFi calling on Android and BB. WP8 doesnt have that :( can't complain about my service

Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    T mobile doesn't always have good coverage in an urban area. It usually varies from 4G to 3G. Some areas will even go down to edge or G. But if your asking me if you can send a text message or email or make a phone call, its possible. Its the data connection that seems to suffer the most.
    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    It's not the data connection from T-mobile, its your phone. All phones are not created equal. Remember iPhone antenna issue. Duct tape fixed that problem. I always surprise people when I get signals in elevators, underground parking garages in DC, movies theatres, and the such. Nokia owns a company that sells smartphones for $16,600 USD to the extremely rich at Vertu.com. I think Vertu is more for the services. Nokia Lumia 710
    I've had T-Mobile for a few years now. Their service has improved in populated areas. I go to school in Lubbock TX in the middle of the school/inside buildings it can drop to nothing and other providers get some signal. In some places in town the service has improved so much that you can tether pretty decently inside where before you couldn't. There's also been several instances on football game days where ATT and other providers have been unable to make calls much less data, this is with 2 ATT towers less that 2 miles away. I was able to make calls and tether 4 devices to my HTC HD7 so that we could continue to make sales. Now I have the HTC 8X and its pretty good but they've blocked free tethering so can speak about that anymore. How I helped some.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I have been a customer of TMobile for over four years and their services used to ve good but now I Don't know if it's because the Company got too rich but the coverage stinks and the rates are high. I think AT&T right now might be a better switch for me. Their service and area coverage is better and the customer service satisfaction is higher.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Okay so I am really confused. I have the regular 50 dollar plan for my smartphone at T-mobile. I used up my 500 MB of 4g so I'm on 2g for a while. I live near LA, CA. Today, I came to San Jose to do a job, and I realized I have blazing fast LTE! I have up to 44 megs down!!!! I'm confused. Is this because of LTE coverage in San Francisco and San Jose? Or a glitch? Or what? Either way, it is awesome.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

I'm surprised there is no mention of features not working when moving a 920 from ATT to TMob. I just ported my daughter's 920 to TMob and now she can't get picture texts or group messages. Lots of talk about these issues on other sites and not a lot of easy fixes. Also lots of talk about issues with internet sharing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12