Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Not sure if I posted this in the right place so sorry if its wrong!

I got a nokia lumia 710 awhile ago on t mobile's monthly 4G plan which is great but there are a few things about it I don't like. I'm looking to get the 900 or even the 800 and of course my question is will it work on t mobile? I did do alot of searching but got really confused when I heard about this spectrum refarming thing. What services will I lose? Will anything change once this refarming is complete? Also should I get the USA version or the international version?
    I'm new to smartphones so any help would be great!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,265 Global Posts
    Check out this thread. It's on the 920: http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...obile-usa.html
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,276 Global Posts
    Both the 900 and 800 will work on T-Mobile. I'm not sure if the 900 supports T-Mobile's LTE but you will get 4G.

thanks for the replies
    The 900 should get 4G right now? I live south of chicago and I'm not sure if the spectrum refarming has taken affect here.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,265 Global Posts
    Here's the latest refarm map 10/2012. Chicago should be covered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmobilerfarm.png  
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Same thing i've been saying about the 920, everybody is focusing only on the 1700 ghz band to make it work on T-mobile but they are forgetting that it might work on T-mobile's 1900ghz band that is being refarm at 4g speeds because these devices (Lumia 800,900,920) support that band. The device only has to be unlock.

cool thanks guys!
    Device has to be unlocked and you have to live in a refarmed area. Otherwise you'll only get EDGE until your area is refarmed. Chicagoland hasn't been officially announced as refarmed by T-mobile but some areas you'll pick up HSPA+.

will the 900 send pics with tmobile?
    cause my phone wont let me and i have tmobile with it... =[

helpmeplease2
    will the 900 send pics with tmobile?
    cause my phone wont let me and i have tmobile with it... =[

You have to search the app store for the Nokia Network app. Once you download and run that it should give you right settings and configuration to send picture messages