Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By fatclue_98
  • 1 Post By palandri
  • 2 Post By alpinestars1z
  • 2 Post By Laura Knotek
  • 2 Post By Laura Knotek
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,275 Global Posts
    Anything to improve T-Mobile's coverage.

MetroPCS Shareholders Approve T-Mobile USA Merger - Bloomberg

The transaction adds more than 9 million prepaid customers to T-Mobile USA, as well as wireless spectrum needed to provide faster data services to compete with Verizon Wireless and AT&T

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    tmobile sucks in terms of data speed i feel.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    What's going to happen to all the Metro Piece of S**t CDMA phones?
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,255 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    What's going to happen to all the Metro Piece of S**t CDMA phones?
    Ultimately moved to LTE, I would imagine, so it may be a slow process over 2 years.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    tmobile sucks in terms of data speed i feel.
    Actually, it depends. A data test done last year in the top (major) US cities showed the T-Mobile had the fastest 3G (both upload and download) and fastest consistent 4G. (Att had faster upload 4G, but slower download. Verizon had faster download 4G, but slower upload).However, in more rural areas, and much of central US, T-Mobile doesn't really have the signal to prove whether they have good speed or not. Also, T-Mobile uses different bands/frequencies for their 4G, and in most of central America, their 3G, due to ATT owning most the spectrum, and not even all their own phones they sell support such odd bands/frequencies (such as the Lumia 810, which according to GSM arena, doesn't support the 1700 MHz frequency). So speed may vary by handset and location, but where T-mo is at its best, it is the best (in speed)

Though it will most likely get better. After T-Mobile refarms some of the Metro PCS spectrum (and some of the old 2G spectrum) it will hopefully get better.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Ultimately moved to LTE, I would imagine, so it may be a slow process over 2 years.
    In an article I read, T-Mobile explained that at first they wont do anything, but they will slowly move people over to T-Mobile if I remember the article correctly, and require them to purchase new devices. and I think it was a 2 - 4 year timespan. Though don't quote me on this part because I may be misremembering the article.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,255 Global Posts
    With T-Mobile, it depends on where you live. In Chicago, T-Mobile has a strong signal everywhere I've been. AT&T definitely has better coverage if you travel out of Chicago.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I had it in Boston I work in the city and it sucked. I went to atnt and now my data is blazing fast compared to tmobiles network speed.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.- Plato

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinFan1 View Post
    I had it in Boston I work in the city and it sucked. I went to atnt and now my data is blazing fast compared to tmobiles network speed.
    T-Mobile usually has pretty fast HSPA+ in most cities, and are in the process of rolling out LTE, but I don't think their network is good in Boston. There's another forum I frequent, and some user there keeps talking about how T-Mobile sucks in his area (which I believe is Boston), which is why he has AT&T.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    palandri and Laura Knotek like this.

Global Posts
    32,208 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1z View Post
    T-Mobile usually has pretty fast HSPA+ in most cities, and are in the process of rolling out LTE, but I don't think their network is good in Boston. There's another forum I frequent, and some user there keeps talking about how T-Mobile sucks in his area (which I believe is Boston), which is why he has AT&T.
    I have a friend who lives in the Boston area. He said that T-Mobile has terrible coverage in Boston and its suburbs.

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I have a friend who lives in the Boston area. He said that T-Mobile has terrible coverage in Boston and its suburbs.
    Let's dial it back with the Boston bashing. I think they've been through enough, and I'm a Dolphin fan who hates Brady, Bellichick and the Patriots.

Global Posts
    32,208 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    Let's dial it back with the Boston bashing. I think they've been through enough, and I'm a Dolphin fan who hates Brady, Bellichick and the Patriots.
    Nothing wrong with Boston. Lots wrong with T-Mobile in Boston. Verizon has great coverage in Boston, though.
    HeyCori and alpinestars1z like this.

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Nothing wrong with Boston. Lots wrong with T-Mobile in Boston. Verizon has great coverage in Boston, though.
    Pretty much this, the city isn't the problem, it's T-Mobile.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I live in Boston its fact..

I live North Of Boston, We don't have any Issues with T-Mo in the Andover's and north, in fact everywhere I go in New England reception and speed is pretty much the same. Now when I hit Boston Proper, Forget it calls drop, I can go from 3-4 bars to 0, from one block to another and it you know Boston the blocks are not large. Most of my business is Boston North so it's never been an operational issue with us. None the less T-Mobile current WP8 offering is rather bleak, only one device refurbished.