The UNcarrier fined for not being UN enough

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
just sell phones like the 521 that don't need payment plans and provide pre paid plans. That's good enough for me. Providing these payment plan contracts is just appealing to poor people living off credit. You can never be a top tier carrier if you fish in the bottom of the barrel.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was silly. I mean what kind of person thinks you can get away with only paying for part of the device's cost? You don't stop making payments on your car and expect to keep it. It's going to get repossessed.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If they're going to pull tricks like that... rather than fine T-Mobile, just permanently ban them from making any business whatsoever in the US. All people on contracts etc with T-Mobile are instantly released off their contract with no penalty, and T-Mobile must stop trading immediately, then work with other countries to get T-Mobile banned from trading ANYWHERE (and in the UK, as it trades as part of parent company EE, all the operators that EE uses get banned, so Orange, T-Mobile, and EE). Problem solved. Also, every last bit of cash they had gets paid to the state in tax, from ALL countries of operation so the CEOs are left with zero cash.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was silly. I mean what kind of person thinks you can get away with only paying for part of the device's cost? You don't stop making payments on your car and expect to keep it. It's going to get repossessed.
Exactly. "You mean I can't just pay for a month of service, then cancel and not pay off the phone?"

This is kind of ridiculous in my opinion. I wonder who put the Attorney General up to this, AT&T or Verizon?

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I thought it was pretty clear that you can cancel at any time as long as you pay off the outstanding cost for the phone. Unless that is not true I dont see the problem or what is misleading.

blackhorse6

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
The problem is the total cost of the phone is due on your last bill, rather then having the option to continue the monthly payments for the phone and stopping the service.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The problem is the total cost of the phone is due on your last bill, rather then having the option to continue the monthly payments for the phone and stopping the service.

It makes sense though. T-Mobile's not gonna give you an interest-free loan if you're not a subscriber. By my understanding they don't make much (if anything) on phone sales.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. "You mean I can't just pay for a month of service, then cancel and not pay off the phone?"

This is kind of ridiculous in my opinion. I wonder who put the Attorney General up to this, AT&T or Verizon?

T-Mobile Now Sending Letters To Customers In Accordance With Washington State Decision | TmoNewsTmoNews

While T-Mobile should have made the terms of their service more transparent from the get-go, one can’t help but look at the politics of the Washington State decision. It just so happens that the state Attorney General, Bob Ferguson has received campaign funding from both AT&T and Verizon. It doesn’t hurt that Ferguson will want to seek re-election one day and might want to draw on the coffers of AT&T and Verizon again in his attempt to seek reelection. I’m not suggesting this was a pure political move done at the behest of AT&T, but there’s plenty of room to suspect that Ferguson may have had an agenda in his quest to slap T-Mobile on the wrist.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb